Forums are back in action! ×

Looking to finish a personal revolution!

Hi! I'm Dave, a 25 year old Commerce student. I have been a bit of a gamer in the past, play guitar and swing dance! Have enjoyed visiting this site for a little under a week now. I happened to stumble across the site when looking for exercises routines and research the advice my personal trainer had given me.

Recently I had a bit of a revelation, I'm fat! and it wasn't getting any better. I have huge problems in my love life, or the fact that there's a lack of one. I was needy, uninteresting, unmotivated... I decided that even I had trouble liking myself!

I decided to make changes... I started by quitting things like caffeine (it didn't last as I found green tea haha) and fast food. Then I decided to cut down portion sizes and eat more healthy foods such as salad and vegetables... the goal was to eat healthier and not diet, I've tried tonnes of diets and they were all awful.

Next up I decided to purchase a gym membership, I visited my local GP and she sent me to an Exercise Physiologist for free.. who then inspired me to sign up at the local gym in Geelong. I learned about exercise and have started to feel amazing.. but now it's time to step it up another level.

I have been researching exercises, foods, diets, philosophy and personal success stories. I am entirely motivated, I am interesting and I am loosing weight (and putting on muscle, which was an exciting side effect). Life is starting to get pretty awesome! I've signed up here to keep myself motivated and learn little things here and there. I bought the strength guide to go over some more exercises that I can work on and possibly cut down the usage of my personal trainer (lol, to his peril!)

Either way! the goals are now...

Change body composition, more muscle less fat.. far less fat.

Keep myself active and busy! Maybe pick up a new activity and find more to be passionate about.

Slowly work more food into my diet, keep eating healthy and keep loosing weight.

Meet a girl

Make new friends

Achieve an average grade of over 70%

Be happy!

Nice to meet you guys! =) looking forward to exploring the forums and learning many new things!

PS: Badass emoticons... :bee::satellite::victorious:

Hi, Dave!! Geelong sounds super familiar, if that's in Victoria I think I had a penpal in grade school from somewhere 'round those parts :)

SO many things you said are exactly where I'm coming from - aside from me starting at the other end weight-numbers-wise, but I think even that is complimentary in how we've started looking at food differently :) Something you said on another post made me think about how out of my few friends that I talk to regularly, only one will talk with me about fitness and food-- my buddy that outweighs me by 2.5 times and is a total Midwest hunter-fisher-man.

Finding an activity and something to be passionate about- this is a HUGE thing for me, I haven't been "fit" since grade school and am realizing I've avoided so many things that I might have loved if I'd just gone for it anyway, like snowboarding for example. And all these things could have been gateways to meeting new people, which has gotten harder and harder. Also Be Happy -- this is so huge, and yet for so many people in our daily lives, not given a thought. Love it!

Good to meet you, and congrats on your progress so far!