Forums are back in action! ×

Hi,

I found this website through a different website and I am glad I happen to look at those posts. I have been struggling to get in shape for some time. I am about 5'7'' and 140ish pounds. I am not too heavy but more than I want. I guess I am learning to accept don't look at the number but look at how I look and feel. I am a lifeguard in the summer and I have to stay physically fit for that and it would help to look good in a swimsuit. I have been called chubby by people and it has really affected me and I would like to to be confident in how I look. I don't know if I can do the paleo diet because I am a college student on limited funds. But the diet I think will help shape the one I have now into a little bit healthier of one. I kind of like the paleo idea cause I am studying anthropology and archaeology so Paleo people are what I am studying! I enjoy running outside and being outside. I just want to be able to do the activities without feeling like I am going to die. I have tried many other diets and such before but I am hoping Nerdfitnss will follow me for life to keep a healthy balance in my life.

So I guess here it goes! I just want to stay motivated and keep with it. I tend to get unmotivated by week 2 or so..ya I don't last long. This is my starting out story and I can't wait to go back and read this in the future and realize how far I've gotten!

Welcome! Sounds like you're ready to go! I know there was a thread somewhere about Paleo not having to be that expensive, so you may be able to manage it. If not, you could probably at least go gluten free and that might help.

It'd definitely hard when other people make you doubt yourself, but if you're happy, that's the most important thing. We're here for you! I'm sure being a part of this community will help you stay motivated. If you ever need advice, don't be afraid to ask and if you just need to vent, we're here for that too! Good luck!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Welcome! Definiteyl 100% paleo is not required ;) If you eat even 20% more paleo than before, that's 20% healthier than you were!

What kind of goals do you have? That's probably the most important first step of any training regimen. What about a plan of attack? P.S. It's ok if you don't have those things yet; I'm still kind of working on mine! But they get clearer every day...

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Hi and welcome! I'm new as well, and also a university student trying to eat primally. I can't afford grass-fed anything, so mostly I'm just eating a lot of greek yogourt, eggs, and canned fish (and fruits and veggies of course) and I've stopped eating (most) grains.

Good luck! I think just deciding to make a change like this is a big step.

I don't think I did too bad this past semester with food. I buy a lot of vegetables and fruits every week. I cut out bread...mostly because I bought a loaf and it lasted for about a month and a half and did not mold....disgusting!! My roommates did not really eat fruits or vegetables so I didn't have to worry about them eating my food....that was nice. Thanks for all the help :)