Forums are back in action! ×

Well I'm new -- let me know if you want to collaborate

Hi! My username is Cuttlefish because I recently discovered how fascinating those creatures are.

I'm a 28 year old female interested in weightlifting and getting stronger. Staci's story REALLY inspired me and sparked my interest in the whole thing. I'm not overweight, but I am super weak in general. I'm a nerdy, bookwormish, gamer-type, and I spend too much time sitting. I really hate cardio, and just never realized that women could have fun lifting until I read about Staci.  I'm also having a hard time moving forward with my adult life, and I'm hoping that getting healthier and stronger will not only be fun, but give me a huge boost in a lot of areas of my life.

Oh and last thing, I live in Germany! My husband and I share a car, and we're kinda in the boonies, so a gym membership is not possible just yet, and I'll be using a basic bench and barbell set and home workouts for now. I'm also wading through way too much new information with this stuff, and I gotta just take one doable step at a time.

Let me know if any of you other beginners are interested in keeping track of one another so that this is a long term thing and not just a 2 week phase! I find jumping into a large community overwhelming, and would enjoy having a small group that just encourages one another.

edit: I live in Germany, but am American! My husband is German, that's how I ended up here.

Here's a cuttlefish!

Cuttlefish.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Cuttlefish and welcome to the Rebellion!

Rewind four years and I was in a similar position (I was overweight though). You'll get loads of support from these forums in your quest to pick up things and there are some really awesome German Nerds around (including the hella strong@evabo who lives in London). Plus there's @AugustaAdaByron who lives and lifts in Berlin but is Greek. Gotta love European free movement!

If there's anything I can do to help, give me a shout. The iron bug led me from weak and fat to being a champion powerlifter, so I look forward to seeing where it leads you!

Sundae

• Like 1