Forums are back in action! ×

Time travel

I'd do back to war time london. Its always fascinated me since I was a kid - the music, fashion and "blitz spirit" which seems to be the term used any time any group of English people are stuck in a situation that requires stoicism and determination - "come on people, where's your blitz spirit?"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

I would probably go to see the Sapphire Waterfall on Midnight. Just spend the day trekking across the diamond fields and relaxing in the leisure palace.

Of course, said time machine would have to be a blue box.

This is why you are a cool dude. No other reason :D

I would probably travel to ancient Athens. Because I feel like I could have a good conversation there for days.... Those Greeks like to talk.

Or I would go watch the 300 during their standoff.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

1994. I'd visit my Mom before she died and tell her how awesome she is, and how much I love her. I was a bratty/rude kid back then and took her for granted. I wish she could have seen how I turned out.

|
|

"Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done."

"I can only be beaten in two ways: If I give up or if I die."

either 'jesus time' just because i'm skeptical to his divinity (not necessarily his existence) oooooor i'd have to agree with bigm and go see the ancient greeks at Thermopylae, reckon i'd wait a bit before then and become and absolute savage with the heavy things and learn how to fight with spear, Kopis or Xiphos sword and sheild (maybe i could turn the tide?... an LMG might be useful in that situation as well come to think of it...)

I'd just back it up a few weeks and win a 300 million dollar powerball - is that shallow? ;)

i take back everything i just said... this person is a genius (though i might just get the numbers from a big lottery win and go back to when i was a kid so i can start my journey to epicness a bit earlier... then become a bazillionaire :D)

can't we make more trips? it'd make this much easier...

Philadelphia circa 1775-1776. Man, that would be awesome (and probably a bit stinky). I would soooo have a beer or five with Ben Franklin.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

You've inherited a time machine and can make 1 round-trip voyage to anywhere, anytime. Where do you go and why?

I like how I have inherited a time machine, rather than built it or found it, etc. What has my mad scientist relative been doing with the time machine up until now? (I assume, of course, that my relative is Doc Brown.)

Anyway, I would jump forward and find out about any major events that I could prevent. Of course, I would also pull an msuroo and copy down some winning lottery numbers.

Guest Snake McClain

i would either:

a) go back to the time of Christ (as was said before) because I'd want to see what's what. But this is the least important to me on this list.

B) go to the wild west just to experience it but I feear that this would be less than exciting.

c) go back and win the lottery. cuz f*** beign poor.

My final answer is C. Win the lottery.

Guest Snake McClain

i need to the rules for time travel. can i take anything with me or is it like terminator and i go back naked? Because if I can take anything with me I'm going with some heavy artillery and pulling a Time Cop and stealing some mega stacks of gold. I'd come back now...can you imagine how effing rich i'd be? Eff The lottery. I want stacks and stacks of Gold. So...what are the rules?

i need to the rules for time travel. can i take anything with me or is it like terminator and i go back naked? Because if I can take anything with me I'm going with some heavy artillery and pulling a Time Cop and stealing some mega stacks of gold. I'd come back now...can you imagine how effing rich i'd be? Eff The lottery. I want stacks and stacks of Gold. So...what are the rules?

You're always making things difficult! ;)

You can bring what you have on you, clothes, etc. Nothing more than you can reasonably carry...so artillery's out I'm afraid :)

And while we're at it, it turns out that history is self-consistent, meaning that no matter what you do, you can't change the past...your presence there is already factored in to your current timeline. Maybe the Spartans won because somebody brought back a machine gun, but it wasn't recorded in the history books, for example...of course, by the same token, we don't know the future yet, so it could totally contain the Bruce that wins the lottery next week.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

And while we're at it, it turns out that history is self-consistent, meaning that no matter what you do, you can't change the past...your presence there is already factored in to your current timeline. Maybe the Spartans won because somebody brought back a machine gun, but it wasn't recorded in the history books, for example...of course, by the same token, we don't know the future yet, so it could totally contain the Bruce that wins the lottery next week.

And if you step out of bounds and try to make a paradox, the Time Lords will come and get you. :D

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Guest Snake McClain
You're always making things difficult! ;)

You can bring what you have on you, clothes, etc. Nothing more than you can reasonably carry...so artillery's out I'm afraid :)

yes my over analytical brain is always causing problems for people. Sorry.

And i am okay with these rules.

I'll go win the lottery then. :D

Good choice...I'll be riding a dinosaur like a bucking bronco if you need me

This. Screw civilization, I want to ride a dinosaur.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

And if you step out of bounds and try to make a paradox, the Time Lords will come and get you. :D

Matt Smith or David Tennant? I'd take either but I'd prefer Matt Smith ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Philadelphia circa 1775-1776. Man, that would be awesome (and probably a bit stinky). I would soooo have a beer or five with Ben Franklin.

You got to it before me! Yeah, I'd be hangin' with Benny Franks. My wife and I are leaning toward naming our first child after him.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest Gemeaux

I'd go and want to meet the Beatles before they became big .

Go to Egypt to see what it was like in ancient times

I would love to go and see the dinosaurs and then I'll sneak back a cute small one and hide it in my handbag like a dog .