Forums are back in action! ×

New Nerd Eager to Get Going

I am a mom of two gremlins, boys, ages 3 and 4 so needless to say I am out my damn mind most days. My refuge has been the gym but I have not been seeing the results that I would like to be seeing. I have tried everything under the friggen sun to lose the baby weight, which I feel I have no excuse to call "baby weight" anymore since neither of my children are in fact babies. I lifted with my husband regularly before we had children but since having them I have not and I am really looking forward to starting again. Hopefully this time around I will actually see some results!

I am 27 years old and a stay at home mom. I am happily married of 8 years this April....can't believe that..... I am a classicaly trainded chef and I love to cook anything that is down right terrible for me. Butter and bacon should be food groups of their own in my opinion but I haven't had either in like 6 months and I am pretty angry about it, so is my husband actually.

Well that is me in a nutshell.

welcome to the community! i have a huge appreciation for stay at home moms...esp of boys...and that young/close in age. holy cow, no wonder you're out of your mind. but, yeah, lifting is fun. i just started a program called stronglifts 5x5 after hearing about it on here. i can already feel myself getting stronger and it's nice because the workouts are so quick!

glad you're here!

Glad you found the site and welcome! That's really cool that you're a chef. I am considering going to culinary arts school but i'm not really sure yet.

Oh, and don't be afraid to ask any questions there is a lot of really good info on this site if you just ask!

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole