Forums are back in action! ×

Hobbit wanting to become a ranger

Hi, I'm DyDy (surprisingly not my real name), a dutch rebel.

I'm currently pursuing a master in bioinformatics,  love rugby (hence the ranger stuff). I eat vegan. First, I became a vegetarian, "for the animals", then, after a few documentaries, I decided to give up all animal products. I have dipped my toes in the paleo diet, but I decided it was not for me. I'm 26, short (hence the hobbit theme) and currently 87,6 kg. At 1,65-ish meters, that is too much. Also, playing rugby gave me terrible back-pain which is believed to be due bad/poor muscles which I'm also hoping to improve.

And frankly, I'm rather lazy than sweating thus I need something to hold me accountable. This is the reason why I joined.

Next to that, I have some other life/general health goals I'm wanting to achieve, so I have plenty to do around here.

My favourite series which I'm currently reading (or so) is the Ranger's Apprentice. I wouldn't mind being such a type of Ranger. Save the horse/pony. I'm kind of allergic to animals. Shockingly, I'm not much into gaming. I used to play Pokemon Yellow baaaack in the days, but have given that up (anyone with recommendations for, idk, a nice game playable on a good (affordable) portable gaming station (used to love my gameboy color!)?) Also, I'm a bit of an historical nerd. My favourite era has to be the continental european iron age. Dunno why, but it sure is interesting. Due to that, I've taught myself how to weave and do all other textile related craft (save for knitting, which surprisingly, haven't crossed my path yet). Fun fact: my profile pic is one of my hand-embroidered pillows. Cool huh?

Any questions (or recommendations for good games) welcome. :) Love to hear from you all!

Edit: shoot! Wrong board. Is it possible for a kind moderator to move it to the correct one? Thank you!

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion, I moved your thread to the Rebel Introduction forum. You'll fit right in with the Rangers, you can either do your first week challenge with the Rebels to get your feet wet or jump right in and do one with the Rangers, it's totally up to you. Click the link below for info on four week challenges.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hi DyDy!  I've been here before so I opted to head straight toward the Rangers, so I'll see you over there whenever you decide to join.

That's so cool that you've learned how to do so many practical crafts.  I think that's a good indicator that you can be successful at whatever you put your shoulder to.  Good luck!

(Already!?) Level 3 Ranger / Epic Declutterer / Prolific Writer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/163280

"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."  - Jim Rohn