Forums are back in action! ×

Never very good at Forums

Ah so hi!

I'm Edmund. I chosen this name because why not? 

This feels really awkward but I'll tell why I'm here and hopefully I'll figure out the whole tagging and special character thing soon. 

A few months ago I started weight training with a PT and they introduced me to deadlifts, back squats and other fun things.

I like to read a lot so I searched the internet for women powerlifters. I came across the blog post/article about Staci and her powerlifting. It was really great and really inspired me to keep lifting.

After having a break over the summer holidays I'm getting back into trying to build and power my body to lift as heavy as I can. So once again I searched online to find information on the best way to fuel your body if you're a female powerlifter (or just a powerlifter in general) and could not find the information that I wanted. Most of the advice was along the lines of "eat as many cheeseburgers as you can, and then eat more." I know I feel worse and sluggish if I go on a fast food binge and I personally don't want to do that.

So I found Nerd Fitness again because it seems as though this is a community that thinks along the same lines as I do. I'm on the search for food/meal plan ideas that I will actually be able to make, maintain and enjoy! Sometimes it feels like my intolerances are a block in what I can find to make (lactose intolerant, peanut allergy and soy and sugar mess with my skin). I want to be able to get over or at least think around that block.

I also want to be able to have the confidence to deadlift without my PT standing next to me!

I'm just starting to build a better relationship with my body and starting to trust it again. I'm hoping to take steps (sometimes small ones) in fueling and strengthening my body.

So yeah, here's to taking small and sometimes scary steps (like joining a forum).

• Like 2

Welcome,  I'm sure you find supportive power lifters who know a lot about food choices.

Unfortunately, that's not me, but I do include deadlifts in my gym routine :D

Posting in the forum is as much about publicly stating your intentions, which can then give you motivation to do what you said.

Then you'll find people with similar goals and can help each other.

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Hi @Edmund, how are you getting on?

There are quite a few women power lifters on here who you could look to for inspiration and advice.  Special Sundae, Miss Marissa, Redstone and Spezzy are just a few that come to mind but there are lots more.  The community here is so supportive and helpful, I hope you enjoy being a part of it. :) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

We have just finished the current challenge, you can still read through some of their challenges threads by going to the Warriors section under the 4 Week Challenge tab.  We start the next challenge on the 12th if you fancy joining in?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously