Forums are back in action! ×

dance001.gif

Hey everyone! My name is Bonnie and I'm a 30 year old from Kansas City, MO. I'm what most people would call a 'jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none' type who has trouble focusing on one thing until completion. And I'm here to change all that. I've been reading Nerd Fitness off and on for who-knows-how-long and I'm glad I've stumbled back across it while trying to formulate an exercise plan for myself. My roommate and I just joined a gym and have been going kind of casually (warming up, easing into things), but I'm definitely in a position where I'd like to concentrate fully. Since a young age, I've been struggling with my weight and eating habits, and have never really made any kind of progress. No longer. I'm over 200 pounds and that's gotta stop now.

So, I've adopted Xena as my personal muse. She's strong, independent, and can seemingly fly, so I feel like aspiring to be her could be impossible, but just attainable enough to keep me going. I will be like her. I realize she's probably more of a ranger or an adventurer, but my own personal goals are more in line with the assassins, so that's who I've joined. I want to do a pull up (muscle up, eventually). I want to climb a rope. Learn aerial hoops. Start a hip hop dance crew. Do a back flip (amongst other gymnastics goals). Realize my childhood dream of being a gymnast. Be a contortionist. Just something. I feel like I was meant to be an athlete, but I just didn't have enough self encouragement. Haha.

I'm also interested in other things as well. I taught myself graphic design and web design at the age of 12. I've been a member of various online forums (not in a few years), the longest of which was a Harry Potter text-based RPG that I miss dearly. I love to play Minecraft and Stardew Valley. I love to watch television and it's probably my biggest vice. I'm a painter, and I sing like an angel. I've also taken up photography. I have an adorable dog who's almost five years old (in September), and I love her more than life itself. And I'm an awesome cook. There's probably more, but I hope to be posting often on the boards so we can get to know each other. Nice to meet you all! See you around!

• Like 3

Looks like you'll fit right in! Welcome on board. :)  Have you found your way around ok?  I know you found The Pub, lol!  Have you had a good look around the rest of the forum? 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously