Forums are back in action! ×

Your sick what now?

im not talking about you got the flu or something bad like that but headache, mild cold etc what are some idea's that a person could take action on so they dont skip a workout over being mildly sick?

​Picture unavailable

Missing: Last seen Trying to kill her boyfriend while mumbling something about loving her boyfriend while holding her head saying “MAKE IT STOP!!!â€

If you have Seen her plz check out my facebook account for update to the upcoming kickstarter for the book

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bzsteve

I try and work out anyway even if I'm feeling under the weather as 9 times out of 10 I feel better for it afterwards. This is ESPECIALLY true if I am hungover, I know it'll be a stuggle to get out of bed, put on some trainers and go for a short run but I also know that I'll feel a million times better afterwards!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

I try and work out anyway even if I'm feeling under the weather as 9 times out of 10 I feel better for it afterwards. This is ESPECIALLY true if I am hungover, I know it'll be a stuggle to get out of bed, put on some trainers and go for a short run but I also know that I'll feel a million times better afterwards!

Thanks guys err girls umm people =P, yea Rosie I know mild exercise actually would help fight the cold etc, see my biggest problem is that i get very bad headaches that for some reason 90% of the med's out there does not help. BUT if i have worked out or feeling good from workout it seems to help me get through being sick.

ugg im such a bad writer lol and im writing a fictional book too oh i crack myself up =P

​Picture unavailable

Missing: Last seen Trying to kill her boyfriend while mumbling something about loving her boyfriend while holding her head saying “MAKE IT STOP!!!â€

If you have Seen her plz check out my facebook account for update to the upcoming kickstarter for the book

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bzsteve

Thanks guys err girls umm people =P, yea Rosie I know mild exercise actually would help fight the cold etc, see my biggest problem is that i get very bad headaches that for some reason 90% of the med's out there does not help. BUT if i have worked out or feeling good from workout it seems to help me get through being sick.

ugg im such a bad writer lol and im writing a fictional book too oh i crack myself up =P

bzald have you tried keeping track of what you're doing during the day that might cause the head aches? de-hydration? sitting position? eye wear? (I guess from your avatar pic you wear glasses but do you often go back for re-assesments?) I was getting headaches every day at work and told my sister about it, she said to get my eyes tested and sure enough I'm near sighted and squinting at the screen all day was causing me head ahces and tiredness. Got a pair of glasses prescribed which I wear whever I'm working at a computer, or reading for long periods and instantly the headaches stopped! I'm not saying thats what's causing yours but its worth trying to figure out whats causing them if it's something you can adjust!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Hey bad bzzzz....lol My daughter sometimes comes home from school with a headache and I make her have a cup of warm tea and have her sit or lay down for about 10 minutes to rest her eyes. She then goes to the bathroom, stretches a bit and gets ready to work out...by the time she is working out, the headache is gone and she is glad she has finished...she sometimes takes an alleve.

This whole scenario for her is mostly hormonal but once she went OFF gluten her headaches pretty much went away...you might want to track your food/symptoms and see if you "might" have a food sensitivity--that's what I would do..best of luck.

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

Funny you should ask. I just had a massive-ass headache this morning, who knows why. I went to yoga anyway. Bending over did kind of make it pound, but I really tried to incorporate my headache into the mindfulness aspect of yoga, and it made for an interesting experience.

Then I decided biking would be ok, but I walked instead of trying to run because I was sure the pounding would just be awful. Maybe other low impact exercises would be ok for a person under the weather.

It might have been easier for me to power through because I never get headaches. I think if I got them more frequently the novelty of working out with a headache would quickly wear off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

On my own time, I'll usually head in for a workout if I have a slight headache/cold/whatever, but if I'm really suffering I'll skip it for the day. Usually, if it's just a minor thing or an energy slump, I find a workout usually picks me up. During crew season, unless something's involuntarily leaving my body, I go work out.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.