Forums are back in action! ×

My name's Molly and I'm currently a college student in the great ole' state of Ohio. I'm studying Recreation Management with the hopes of going to grad school in just over a year to pursue a Master's in Higher Education/Student Affairs (hopefully at Vandy, ironically). My goal is to eventually be an administrator at a campus recreation center who helps college students "level up" their lives.

I'd always been active in the past, and as a year-round soccer player, I was always in pretty good shape... until college. My plans to continue playing soccer in college fell through and I found myself getting hit by the Freshman Fifteen freight train. I thrived in a team setting, so working out on my own has been a challenge, even into my third year of college. I eventually joined my school's club soccer team, and then moved on to playing women's rugby for my school. The constant string of injuries led to me not continue with rugby after last season. We couldn't keep up with the medical bills from the frequent hospital visits (I kid you not). So a word to the wise, if you want to play rugby, make sure you have good health insurance.

I recently discovered Paleo, and have been trying to keep up with it as best as a college student with limited resources can. I would ultimately like to try CrossFit, but because of the price of membership to a box, it's out of my reach at the moment. So NF has been very helpful in finding exercises I can do outdoors or in my Rec Center at school. I just bought my first pair of FiveFingers, and hope that they will make me more excited to get out and run around.

To conclude this apparent novel-of-a-post, I'm an athletic nerd who enjoys reading, hiking, kayaking, among other forms of general-outdoorsy-ness. I am very excited to learn more about other Rebels and to contribute however I can to this great community! DFTBA

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

"Whatever you are, be a good one."

Hi and welcome! Thats so cool you played rugby, theres no girls I know that would want to play (myself included!) That must be why its so popular in the UK though - Free healthcare!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Welcome! And I couldn't help but read your entire post with a southern accent to go with the Howdy Y'all part even though you are NOT in the south. :smug: Are you from the south at least?

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

You are correct :( I am not from the South , butttttt I am from an area of the state where a large percentage of the residents sound like Kentuckns' regardless of their affiliation with the state. I hope to relocate to Nashville sometime soon, so maybe I'll pick up a REAL southern accent if I do.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

"Whatever you are, be a good one."

Well I think most of the Ohioans move to Florida because the last guy I dated was a Buckeye fan through and through and I see more Buckeye flags and car decals than any other team I swear. You'd def pick up an accent in Nashville for sure!

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!