Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings, friends!  I'm so happy to have found these boards.   I'm a 46-year old yoga instructor who's trying to get into better shape while avoiding injury and staying true to who I am.  Briefly, I went through a divorce a few years ago, lost 15 pounds in a short amount of time due to stress (I would call that the hard way)... was in the best shape of my life but reeling from the emotional process, and then over time, got happy and gained it all back and then some.  I love to cook and eat, have a pretty clean diet that could use more fine-tuning, and basically want to get stronger and leaner.  Yoga is wonderful for that, but as I get older I find I need to increase my intensity, and I have very loose joints that need a focus on strength training now and then. About 6 weeks ago, I started working with a personal trainer once a week and then doing the workouts on my own a couple of other times.  What I need now is a community, and advice on how to take it further, safely.  I love to geek out on facts and science so I am excited to hear what you all know and give whatever support I can!  Thanks for being here and letting me share.

• Like 1