Forums are back in action! ×

Real life nerd cred examples

There are many examples I can use. The one I choose is that one week from today I am going to a Pokemon-themed bar crawl with challenges named things like "Who's that Pokemon?", "A Rival Appears", and "The Elite Four". This is the night before going to the Penny Arcade Expo, a convention of video games, board games, and nerd culture in general.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Here's mine, from this morning:me: blue wizard needs food badly!

The ring tone on my phone for when my wife calls is the soundclip from Gauntlet: "Valkyrie needs food badly".

Next to autographed advertisements for various blues musicians, I have a Song of Ice and Fire calendar, a picture of me jumping the fire at Warrior Dash, a V For Vendetta Shadow Box I made, my collection of graphic novels, and assorted figurines from Sin City, Hellblazer, Aliens, and Aliens vs Predator....and that's just part of one wall of my sanctuary.

I also have an Aperture Laboratories work shirt that is in my regular rotation of business casual clothes for work (I wore it today, for example).

Note the Nerd Fitness sticker to the right on the desk.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2341[/ATTACH]

post-70-13567243486749_thumb.jpg

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

yeah... when I look at my Outlook calendar and am scheduling meetings and think "I need to be sure to get Katie more Zombrex soon"

and I have a nerf missle launcher on top of my cube at work, and use it

along with all the movie quoting, science comments and of course the Firefly quotes... my BF has said that I must be "half a dude" the way I quote movies :) HAHAHAHA

~It's when Pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.~My Fitness Pal TrackerMy 6 Week Challenge Page- Scout