Forums are back in action! ×

I have tentatively agreed to partake on this quest

Hi everyone,
Obviously I'm new here. I've decided to try, once again, to improve myself. Recently, a series of minor events have led me to try and change my outlook. I've never really liked GOING to a gym myself, unless I had a personal trainer to guide me. I don't really understand what I should be doing, and combining that with overly mild social anxiety prevents me from going.

Today, however, I've started the beginner bodyweight routine. Unfortunately, I could not complete ALL of the lunges efficiently as I felt my lower legs struggling to stand up, but I did manage to complete everything else. I didn't properly complete a WHOLE circuit, but the positive I took away from this is that I started it, and did what I could.

I've been steadily growing less fit, ever since I stopped playing junior soccer. Even though I now play paintball once or twice a month, I can definitively say that I have been getting bigger.

I've been saying to myself that I need to get fitter, because besides likely feeling better about myself both physically and more important, mentally, I will be able to perform far better with my paintball team then I ever have before.

I'm going to take this day by day. I've always struggled to look at the bigger picture regarding goals, because it seems so far away. So this time, I'll focus on each day. If I can do just 1 more lunge than the day before then I'll be improving.

Let's do this.

• Like 1

The lunges are brutal, aren't they?? Lol

Starting is a huge accomplishment! I don't like going to the gym either and the body weight exercises are much better for my schedule anyway.

It's totally fine to have done one circuit, not perfectly. That's still progress! It's exciting to see the improvement when you can start doing more.

Welcome and congrats on taking that first step!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm going to echo RevQu, welcome and congrats on taking the first steps.  I hate the gym too and really always have unless I've had a wingman.  But the beauty of the rebellion is that gym work is just one (elective) path to fitness.  Finding something you enjoy doing that keeps you active is that special alchemy for long-term success.

Current Challenge: TBD

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"Come stay a while and listen" - Deckard

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf