Forums are back in action! ×

So much to do, so little time!

Anyone else feel the desire to do more, learn more, master more skills, etc since beginning to get into shape?

Now that I've laid a groundwork for strength training and general fitness, and I know this is going to be a lifetime commitment, I find myself wondering just how much I really can accomplish, not just weights either. Can I master advanced yoga poses, learn martial arts, rock climb, win a triathlon, do crossfit, and on and on and on?

I find now that once I would say, 'I could never do that', and now I'm saying, 'I bet I could!' I now have too many potential fitness options in my future and not enough time to do them all!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Maybe that's the answer...one target per month/year/however long your skills and interest hold out.

I'm one of those types that masters something, gets bored and moves on. I feel like with the different "fun" options I have available to me now, I'll probably run out of time on the planet before I try everything that interests me.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I hear ya Mom that most of us will run out of time before we run out of fun things to try but remember that back when you/we were saying "I could never do that" that if we'd kept that mentality we would have run out of time without trying ANY of them so whatever we get done is way better than having done nothing!

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Yes totally! Although for me the mentality started over two years ago when I just wanted to try loads of new things. Not necessarily fitness related. First I took driving lessons (Expensive in london!), then I learnt to rock climb, then I set myself challenges such as a charity abseil of the portsmouth spinnaker tower, and its all just sort of evolved into mostly fitness goals. On my list for this year is to run a 10k a month as well as two half marathons in October but I also have other things I want to achieve and learn. I've been wanted to learn a new instrument for ages so this might just be the year! Also want to learn french, learn how to do contact juggling (I can de a few simple moves but it takes a butt load of practice!) and everytime I sot down and think about what I want to do next, a million things pop into my head!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

I hear you! Suddently everything sounds interesting. Before I wasn't even able to figure out what I like.

I know I have to set priorities but also found that sometimes you get the opportunity to at least try something. Last Friday I got the chance to learn lacrosse from our local NLL team. I had a blast!!! I don't think I will join a team but we do have sticks at home and I want to play a bit in summer. Just in the backyard. And I will definitely sign up again next year.

Our CFL team also offers a day where you can play football with them. I might try that too. Or take a day and try kite surfing on vacation.

Then I also have some ideas that I hopefully can do when I retire (in 30 years?). Like learning Italian or making my own pasta. :-)

pre-Assassin

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!

Twitter

I want to learn krav maga :)

Aaaahahahahahahahhahahahahaha :) Oh, How I Met Your Mother, you make me giggle.

Yeah. I want to learn at least one martial art (or maybe krav maga). I want to run a half marathon, and maybe some day a marathon. I want to deadlift 300#. I want to do Crossfit. I want to climb a mountain. And those are just the things that come to me off the top of my head!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aaaahahahahahahahhahahahahaha :) Oh, How I Met Your Mother, you make me giggle.

Yeah. I want to learn at least one martial art (or maybe krav maga). I want to run a half marathon, and maybe some day a marathon. I want to deadlift 300#. I want to do Crossfit. I want to climb a mountain. And those are just the things that come to me off the top of my head!

Funny, my first thought was Gilmore Girls!

~Oscar Wilde