Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from the proud (perhaps too proud) kingdom of Denmark! 

I don't know where to start.. I'm practically 28 years old, I have a BA in religion, I have lived in England, Switzerland and France, my best job ever was as a petsitter for a wonderful spaniel, I love to read and educate myself, once upon a time I was fairly adequate at artistic roller-skating (even won 4 or 5 gold medals at the national championships - can honestly never remember how many), I'm terrible at painting but I love doing it, I sing in a church choir, I love hiking and walking in general, and my current goal is to join the Danish army.

I've joined NF and the rebellion in hopes of finding the right work outs for me and some guidance and support to stay on track. I don't particularly like going to the gym - I much prefer to work out at home with what I've got at hand. But motivation is sometimes lacking.. Enter you guys! I'm hoping that committing myself to this community will help me stay focused :)

I'm really excited about this as hopefully it's the beginning of my new life! No pressure.. :)

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Andurill said:

Greetings from the proud (perhaps too proud) kingdom of Denmark! 

I don't know where to start.. I'm practically 28 years old, I have a BA in religion, I have lived in England, Switzerland and France, my best job ever was as a petsitter for a wonderful spaniel, I love to read and educate myself, once upon a time I was fairly adequate at artistic roller-skating (even won 4 or 5 gold medals at the national championships - can honestly never remember how many), I'm terrible at painting but I love doing it, I sing in a church choir, I love hiking and walking in general, and my current goal is to join the Danish army.

I've joined NF and the rebellion in hopes of finding the right work outs for me and some guidance and support to stay on track. I don't particularly like going to the gym - I much prefer to work out at home with what I've got at hand. But motivation is sometimes lacking.. Enter you guys! I'm hoping that committing myself to this community will help me stay focused :)

I'm really excited about this as hopefully it's the beginning of my new life! No pressure.. :)

Welcome, and there is no pressure. Just do what you can, and it will get easier with time.  Are you joining the challenge?

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

I have a yoga/fitness mat and that's about it :) But I really like the idea of bodyweight workouts so that's the way I'm going for now. I have a gym membership and go there 3-4 times a week still, but only for cardio. I think maybe down the line I could start using some of the free weights there though.

Hey hey! Welcome to the Rebellion! Feel free to jump in whenever you feel comfortable. So long as you don't abandon your goals, we'll be here to cheer you on!

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

So I went to the free weights section of my gym today. I thought I would need to muster up my 20 seconds of courage to do it, but no one was there so it wasn't a problem at all. I did my workout programme and I didn't die of humiliation and shame because I'm so weak and out of shape :) Of course it helped that I was alone but I know that now I've tried it and know where to go and what to do, it won't be an issue the next time. Even if the section is full of people. So win for me today :) See, NF is already working out for me - I would never have done anything like this before.

Yaas bitch!