Forums are back in action! ×

Harbard gets off his ass again

So it's been almost two years since I posted on NFitness.  Life got in the wa--record scratch--no, no it didn't.  I just started making excuses to be lazy and careless with my eating again.  Yes, I have twin toddlers.  Yes, both my wife and I have careers.  No, that does not mean I had to allow myself to gain up to 206 and lose the strength I had been building back in 2015.

What happened?  I almost injured myself back in 2015 because I was letting my ego get the best of me, pushed linear progression without enough deloading, and then I psyched myself out and went dark for a while.

The good news?  I decided back in October to go Paleo-ish and start lifting again.  The difference?  I was finally honest with myself, in that I don't want to just get stronger--I want to look good too.  The result: my lifting is now more balanced, I do lighter weight/higher reps and focus on technique, my diet is WAY better, and I've lost 26 pounds since October.  I'm 180 lbs, probably about 12-14 percent body fat, and feeling (and looking) better now than I have in a long time.  

I'm going to start posting my exercise logs again (which will probably look pretty pathetic next to a lot of the other Warrior logs now) and hopefully receive and provide some motivation by being part of a like-minded community again.  At some point, I may even do a few challenges.  Will I ever try to do a competition like I thought back in 2015?  Probably not, but who knows.  My goals are all personal now, and the visible/tangible results I'm seeing in my health and appearance are all I need for the time being.  That feels good.

• Like 1
On 3/24/2017 at 0:10 PM, Harbard said:

I'm going to start posting my exercise logs again (which will probably look pretty pathetic next to a lot of the other Warrior logs now) and hopefully receive and provide some motivation by being part of a like-minded community again.

I think your respawn post was awesome! I also think you are being a little hard on yourself here. Who cares what other people's logs look like?! Great that you are diving back into the community.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016