Incline DB Press

5x12 40 lbs

OHP

4x5 46 lbs

DB Overhead Tri Extensions

4x10 20 lbs

EZ-Bar Curls

2x10 2x11 24 lbs

No dreadmill b/c needed to get out and get a head start on some work stuff. Had a wedding to go to in the late afternoon, and didn't want to get stuck on any of the parts of a task i had, so I was doing stuff in advance.

Food Time

Overate by a LOT, so I'm just going to put Saturday's below w/ the full average, because I probably missed it.

This week's targets / current day / avg:

1577 / 2388 / 1796

protein 110g / 63 / 113

carbs 172g / 250 / 198

fat 50g / 96 / 56

Calorie target missed significantly, along with carbs. Fat wasn't TOO bad (thanks super low values early on lol) and protein was fine. Saturday was the only day I went under.

Writing: 3/7

This is suffering right now b/c of rando things, none of them extremely good reasons.

Start Weight: 110

End Weight: 110.6

Avg weight: 110.4

So uh, not great lol

Not the end of the world, though. You might be asking, where did Ix go wrong this week??? Well, my biggest weakness is definitely overeating at events that involve food. The wedding Friday was catered and there was cake and alcohol. The cat birthday party Saturday had tacos, cake, and alcohol. I almost prepared well Saturday, but curry puffs were more caloric than I thought when I went to add them up after eating 4.

This coming week I'm swapping Day 3 & Day 1 going forward. The circuit on Sundays is too iffy in a busy gym, and it's a ghost town on Thursdays. This went into effect today.

FFXIV STORMBLOOD IS OUT 

I'm taking tomorrow off to, well, play it all day basically. So don't be surprised if I'm a little scarce!

• Like 2
19 hours ago, ixaera said:

Start Weight: 110

End Weight: 110.6

Avg weight: 110.4

So uh, not great lol

Not the end of the world, though. You might be asking, where did Ix go wrong this week??? Well, my biggest weakness is definitely overeating at events that involve food. The wedding Friday was catered and there was cake and alcohol. The cat birthday party Saturday had tacos, cake, and alcohol. I almost prepared well Saturday, but curry puffs were more caloric than I thought when I went to add them up after eating 4.

gurl, a half  a pound is like one good shit

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Day 15 & 16 of 84

6/18/17 & 6/19/17

tumblr_olkqsvXilx1s2wenvo1_500.gif

soooo much stormblood

Gym Time

Sunday I did stuff

Bulgarian Split Squats

5x5 55 lbs

Roman chair Back Extension

5x10 10 lbs

DB Row

5x10 25 lbs

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns

5x11 60 lbs

15 min on the dreadmill

Yep, I swapped Day 1 & Day 3 to avoid hogging too much stuff during busy gym time. This week appears to be all about adding sets to the non-circuit days.

Food Time

Just putting yesterday here, was good on Sunday tho

1532 / 1528 / 1505

protein 110g / 113 / 108

carbs 161g / 188 / 196

fat 50g / 40 / 47

Writing: 0/7

No >.> Been playing so much Stormblood

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, ixaera said:

ha, I got a digestive issue from a smoothie mix I drank yesterday and I gained another pound :( This is not how physics works, body!

This is my fiber miracle for when I'm feeling backed up. 12g of protein and 13g of fiber per serving! I've been trying to have a serving 3-4x week. 

https://www.kashi.com/our-foods/cold-cereal/kashi-golean-original-cereal 

• Like 1

Day 17 of 84

6/20/17

Stormblood2.gif

soooo much stormblood (still)

Gym Time

Tuesday is Crazy Arms Day

Bench Press

1x5 45 lbs

1x3 65 lbs

5x6 75 lbs

Program wanted 5 sets of 4-6 reps at 70-75%. I'm using 100 lbs as my 1RM, though it's untested, and since stuff has felt really easy, I went to the most difficult end of the recommendation. It was still easy.

Circuit 4x

30 reps 20 lbs Face Pull

10 reps 10 lbs Lat DB Raises (5 each hand)

12 reps 40 lbs Tri Pushdowns

12 reps 12 lbs alternating bicep curls

Raised the reps on pushdowns & curls, and face pulls went better, fewer pauses.

10 min on the dreadmill

Food Time

1532 / 1411 / 1474

protein 110g / 63 / 93

carbs 161g / 157 / 183

fat 50g / 39 / 44

No >.> Been playing so much Stormblood (still)

• Like 2

Day 18 of 84

6/21/17

giphy.gif

been a while since I used this one, probably a good time for it :P

Gym Time

Nope, but I did get in 2 walks at work, it's been slow. 

Food Time

1532 / 1530 / 1488

protein 110g / 92 / 93

carbs 161g / 179 / 182

fat 50g / 45 / 45

No >.> Been playing so much Stormblood (still) <-- getting mildly embarrassing, but new game is new game

• Like 1

Day 19 of 84

6/22/17

objectify.gif

I received a HIT ON

Weird

Gym Time

Leg Press

1x5 130 lbs (with base at 100)

1x5 140 lbs

1x5 150 lbs

1x5 160 lbs

1x5 170 lbs

Need to find the challenge on this one. Gettin' there and I'm sore today, so.

Bulgarian Split Squats

4x10 45 lbs

Dropped the stand on my big toe. :|

Circuit 4x

Back extensions 15 reps @ 5 lbs

Cable lateral row 15 reps @ 50 lbs

Cable Face pulls 20 reps @ 30 lbs

No dreadmill, I thought it was later than it was, and by the time I realized it, I'd already said bye to someone and felt real awkward and I let my social awkwardness drive my awkward personage home.

Food Time

1532 / 1461 / 1482

protein 110g / 117 / 98

carbs 161g / 157 / 177

fat 50g / 47 / 45

Doing fine, this week. A touch low on the protein goal, but not so low I'm concerned. Not worried about a 50 cal difference, either, especially since I averaged so high last week.

I've gained another pound vOv Water retention pre-shark I assume.

Going to try to at least dig in a bit today so it's not a total wash this week. I'm level 67!!! 

• Like 3

Day 20 & 21 of 84

6/23/17 & 6/24/17

02ff3f44d6b7a25a.jpg.jpg

Fun grocery fail story: I forgot my wallet :(

The guy said they had Android Pay so I was like, sweet, day saved! Yeah, they did not. (He probably mixed it up with Apple Pay or something.)

Luckily, I have my cc number memorized \o/

Gym Time

Incline DB Press

4x6 50 lbs <-- PR (Haven't ever pushed around 50 lbs worth of dumbbells for upper body before)

OHP

5x5 47 lbs

If it seems low it's because OHP was out of my routine for a long time and I'm building back up 

DB Tricep Extension

5x10 20 lbs

EZ-Bar Curl

5x12 24 lbs

Food Time

1532 / 1511 / 1516

protein 110g / 126 / 103

carbs 161g / 139 / 164

fat 50g / 62 / 46

Happy that close to targets yep

Whyyyyy lol

Stormblood has really been sucking me in. Easily the best FF story in a Long, Long time, plus the changes they've made to my main class (bard!) are amazing and I love it again. I didn't hate it before the changes, but meh, it felt too much like a mage and I didn't feel supporty enough. Now I feel super twitchy and supporty and it's so great, it's the best the class has ever been. I also play astrologian and it's also Quite Good.

• Like 1

Day 22 of 84

6/25/17

giphy.gif

Gym Time

Bulgarian Split Squats

5x6 55 lbs

These got REAL unsteady. I'm gonna blame having to use a different box that was a little higher up.

Back Extensions

4x10 12 lbs

bumped weight

DB Row

4x6 30 lbs <-- PR, I have never DB rowed a 30 lb dumbbell. Was easier than I thought! I don't actually think I've ever used a 30 lb db for anything before this, because even for split squats I haven't done 60 lbs yet, and I would do it in a rack with a barbell probably anyway.

Wide-grip Lat Pulldown

4x6 70 lbs

Too easy

16 min on the dreadmill

Yeah, the last minute was pure social awkwardness? There are two treadmills at this gym and a dude had just gotten on one of them. I jumped on the other about 2 minutes later. As soon as my 15 min were up, he stopped and I dunno, I thought it might be awkward if I stopped at exactly the same time so I went another minute ><;

Food Time

1487 / 1451 / 1451

protein 110g / 110 / 110

carbs 149g / 150 / 150

fat 50g / 58 / 58

calorie to macro is off, I blame MFP again. Went shopping, got some necessities :) Egg whites will probably be necessary b/c of that fat macro requirement arg. Got more DAVE'S KILLER BREAD. The good seed kind this time. :) 

Writing: 1/7

Determined to start this week off right :P

Haven't been productive at much, but I'm at the end of the story quest in FFXIV now. I really have to say...

damn

this is easily the best FFXIV story I've gotten into in a long, long time. Kudos to those writers, they are gold for sure.

I may have said that already vOv

And now, time to face another Monday ...

• Like 3
On 6/21/2017 at 10:46 AM, ixaera said:

Gym Time

Tuesday is Crazy Arms Day

Bench Press

1x5 45 lbs

1x3 65 lbs

5x6 75 lbs

Program wanted 5 sets of 4-6 reps at 70-75%. I'm using 100 lbs as my 1RM, though it's untested, and since stuff has felt really easy, I went to the most difficult end of the recommendation. It was still easy.

It's all that arm arm arm work you've had to do. I'll be joining you in that because my next 6 week program is heavy on the arms to make up for not doing them for 6-8 weeks. ;) 

Do you have plants to test your bench 1RM soon? That might help you program better. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ixaera said:

16 min on the dreadmill

Yeah, the last minute was pure social awkwardness? There are two treadmills at this gym and a dude had just gotten on one of them. I jumped on the other about 2 minutes later. As soon as my 15 min were up, he stopped and I dunno, I thought it might be awkward if I stopped at exactly the same time so I went another minute ><;

I would have done and have probably done this exact same thing. 

supernatural-awkward.gif 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Do you have plants to test your bench 1RM soon? That might help you program better. 

Naw, I was originally going to do a 5/3/1 six week cycle intended to get up to a 1RM but I did not do it because my programming had been pretty rough for a while and I wanted to back off a bit. I know for sure I can do 95 lbs for a 3x3 (it was hairy, but I did it), so I figured 100 was a safe bet. It might have been a touch too low OR this program may intentionally start one off light? Dunno which, there's all this FAQ and documentation with the program but nothing explaining how the main lifts are supposed to feel in early weeks. I've just been trying to modify grip to make it more challenging meanwhile.

10 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Naw, I was originally going to do a 5/3/1 six week cycle intended to get up to a 1RM but I did not do it because my programming had been pretty rough for a while and I wanted to back off a bit. I know for sure I can do 95 lbs for a 3x3 (it was hairy, but I did it), so I figured 100 was a safe bet. It might have been a touch too low OR this program may intentionally start one off light? Dunno which, there's all this FAQ and documentation with the program but nothing explaining how the main lifts are supposed to feel in early weeks. I've just been trying to modify grip to make it more challenging meanwhile.

All the programs my coach writes start off lighter and progress to pretty hard on the body. It seems like the idea is to give the body a break at the start of a new program and then ramp up so you are not working at your max capacity for weeks on end. But I could be wrong, that is just my impression. 

The only thing I have seen that was not like this was juggernaut, which started with sets of 10, but even those sets where a low % of 1RM. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

All the programs my coach writes start off lighter and progress to pretty hard on the body. It seems like the idea is to give the body a break at the start of a new program and then ramp up so you are not working at your max capacity for weeks on end. But I could be wrong, that is just my impression. 

The only thing I have seen that was not like this was juggernaut, which started with sets of 10, but even those sets where a low % of 1RM. 

I looked into the future to refresh my memory and it does look like at the end it'll have me doing the same at around 82.5 lbs, so while it increases, it doesn't really get all that tough. Probably after this program I'll do either juggernaut or a few cycles of my favorite 5/3/1 modification (looks a lot like Urgan's) on a lean bulk to push upwards again. One thing I have learned about my TDEE is that without the 3x week elliptical, my maintenance is NOT in the 1600's (sigh)

• Like 3
On 6/18/2017 at 11:51 AM, ixaera said:

FFXIV STORMBLOOD IS OUT 

I'm taking tomorrow off to, well, play it all day basically. So don't be surprised if I'm a little scarce!

This has been a distraction for me as well, though I am not that far into Stormblood yet since I only started playing a couple months ago and I came from WoW so I was addicted to starting new characters even though I knew I didn't need to, lol.  Finished Heavensward 2 days after Stormblood came out so I am not 65 :)

Glad you are enjoying the story, I am as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, calanthrophy said:

I've always made sure to never remember my credit card number. That way if I'm ever tortured by pirates or something they still can't get my money. Now you've got me wondering if I'm doing it all wrong.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, TiffanyD said:

This has been a distraction for me as well, though I am not that far into Stormblood yet since I only started playing a couple months ago and I came from WoW so I was addicted to starting new characters even though I knew I didn't need to, lol.  Finished Heavensward 2 days after Stormblood came out so I am not 65 :)

Glad you are enjoying the story, I am as well.

I hit 70! I'm at the last msq dungeon (which is supposedly somewhat harder than the others) but I didn't queue for it last night because I was busy helping fc mates with their dungeons and roulettes. Hopefully tonight!

• Like 1

Day 22 of 84

6/26/17

giphy.gif

just leaving this because it is actually more accurate today than it was before...

Gym Time

Nada on Mondays

Food Time

1487 / 1517 / 1484

protein 110g / 121 / 116

carbs 149g / 177 / 164

fat 50g / 32 / 45

managed to fit a beer and jelly beans in yesterday >.>

Writing: 2/7

ooo two in a row

didn't do much, just doing enough :P

I did NOT sleep last night. I spent a large majority of the night being woken up (count 'em EIGHT times) by a mosquito whining in my ear. Yes, I slapped myself in the head every time, which didn't help the problem with wakefulness. And I can't sleep if I've been woken up and there's ANYTHING in my bladder so then I have to go to the bathroom to get comfortable again, and then, yep, there's that friggin' mosquito again. I finally remembered MUCH too late that they are weak fliers and the fan would probably take care of it. That helped, I didn't hear it again, but it kicked up an allergen and I spent another couple of hours wrestling with a super stuffy sinus. I finally fell asleep at 5:30 am, about 30 min before my alarm...

Yeah, today will be interesting... I got through my workout, crazily enough.

12 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I did NOT sleep last night. I spent a large majority of the night being woken up (count 'em EIGHT times) by a mosquito whining in my ear. Yes, I slapped myself in the head every time, which didn't help the problem with wakefulness. And I can't sleep if I've been woken up and there's ANYTHING in my bladder so then I have to go to the bathroom to get comfortable again, and then, yep, there's that friggin' mosquito again. I finally remembered MUCH too late that they are weak fliers and the fan would probably take care of it. That helped, I didn't hear it again, but it kicked up an allergen and I spent another couple of hours wrestling with a super stuffy sinus. I finally fell asleep at 5:30 am, about 30 min before my alarm...

Yeah, today will be interesting... I got through my workout, crazily enough.

I got tired just reading that! 

You need to up your mosquito killing game. 

• Like 1