Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdy ways of meeting women?

Haha . I was looking for a job , went to the agency where she worked at and while she was looking for jobs I joked " you should help me with my love life " as she was so nice . She then took out her camera and showed me a picture of her son , then took one of me and after work drove to his place to show him . He then texted me that night . So maybe go to job agencies or become friends with sweet ladies . Go to an rsl at bingo night , they might have nice granddaughters lol .

See... I'm kind of trying that tactic. I'm in a choir with a bunch of old people, but none of them have set me up with or even introduced me to any of their single children or grandchildren *shakes head sadly* Old people love me, why can't they have more young, single relatives?

I know Gemeaux(whats your real name , this is just weird to type :D) That's why I said MOST :) There is always exceptions. To be honest I don't know any guy like that, but different country.. In Bulgaria is common (almost mendatory) to go out with friends everyday on coffe places. So almost everybody has lots of friends to hang out and talk to.. not always the need to be in a relationship to hang out with someone constantly :) Dunno different cultures :)

I'd say there are a lot of exceptions. I know we girls tend to seem crazy and focused on finding a man (which... it's really NICE to have someone in your life), but I think a lot of us are pretty happy even when single :) Also, just call her "Gem" if it's too weird to type... that's what the rest of us do ;)

Did you just call me brother ? :)

Well... you did ask if you could be an honorary man. Take it as a compliment ;)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

I know one, I know one!!!!!

Hiking groups. I went on a hike yesterday (good God, I'm totally sore), and it was a group of like 40 people, and though there were a lot of couples, at least 10 were there alone, most of them women. It was very nice, in the end we were marveling at the beautiful views and laughing at each other because we were all sweating like pigs. Am totally doing that again. I don't know if Groupon has hiking offers things in the U.S. (mine was a groupon offer, best 10 dollars I've ever spent), but there may be groups that organize hiking or something similar in your town.

(I know hiking is not exactly nerdy, unless we are nerd fitness people... wait, we are! :) )

I know one, I know one!!!!!

Hiking groups. I went on a hike yesterday (good God, I'm totally sore), and it was a group of like 40 people, and though there were a lot of couples, at least 10 were there alone, most of them women. It was very nice, in the end we were marveling at the beautiful views and laughing at each other because we were all sweating like pigs. Am totally doing that again. I don't know if Groupon has hiking offers things in the U.S. (mine was a groupon offer, best 10 dollars I've ever spent), but there may be groups that organize hiking or something similar in your town.

(I know hiking is not exactly nerdy, unless we are nerd fitness people... wait, we are! :) )

Sigh... if only I was in Rio de Janeiro, I love hiking by the way! I'm confident that if I keep playing Paintball, I might find some cute girls who'd love to shoot me down :P

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I'm kind of the same vein as Gemeaux, I'm very picky, and I don't really have any problems being on my own.

I have no problems talking to girls, but my everyday activities don't really bring much interaction. I want a relationship again, but not just for the sake of it. Finding the right partner is the hardest part I think.

Currently trying to workout how to tell a girl that even though I think she's cool, I don't want a relationship with her :(

Guest Gemeaux
I'm kind of the same vein as Gemeaux, I'm very picky, and I don't really have any problems being on my own.

I have no problems talking to girls, but my everyday activities don't really bring much interaction. I want a relationship again, but not just for the sake of it. Finding the right partner is the hardest part I think.

Currently trying to workout how to tell a girl that even though I think she's cool, I don't want a relationship with her :(

Are you dating her ? Or is she just interested ? As harsh as it is, just be upfront . Tell her you just don't see yourself with her . No sugar coating it

Yes Gem =P I called you brother. Lachy don't stress about her advances. Just simply wait for her to do something quite obvious.. stop her and then explain. I wouldn't do so before that though.. I've had ladies that were super "friendly" and didn't want a relationship either. Sometimes people are just like that =)

Sigh... if only I was in Rio de Janeiro, I love hiking by the way! I'm confident that if I keep playing Paintball, I might find some cute girls who'd love to shoot me down :P

I never tried paintball, but my sister's friends all love it. And you live in California! There are plenty of places to hike in California, aren't there?

Yes Gem =P I called you brother. Lachy don't stress about her advances. Just simply wait for her to do something quite obvious.. stop her and then explain. I wouldn't do so before that though.. I've had ladies that were super "friendly" and didn't want a relationship either. Sometimes people are just like that =)

There's no ambiguity, she either wants a relationship, or she wants to jump my bones. I think either would make for an awkward work situation, and I don't want to go down either path. It wasn't that I wasn't talking to her, I was just doing my best not to reciprocate her advances. I should have spoken up on Friday, but I've never been in the situation before, kinda hoped she'd pick up the vibe, but like Gem was saying sometimes the signals aren't caught (by males or females).

I never tried paintball, but my sister's friends all love it. And you live in California! There are plenty of places to hike in California, aren't there?

There are, however I need to get myself out there, all my time is consumed through other unimportant things, like finding a job or cooking and cleaning.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Guest Gemeaux

Cooking ! Take cooking classes or even cake decorating . A dad at my day care who's a chef said he did a class and was the only man there .

Trust me : If I was in a cooking class and a guy was taking it I would be curious . And cooking for a girl on a first date ? Big plus !

Cooking ! Take cooking classes or even cake decorating . A dad at my day care who's a chef said he did a class and was the only man there .

Trust me : If I was in a cooking class and a guy was taking it I would be curious . And cooking for a girl on a first date ? Big plus !

I can/would cook for a girl, when able, but I need a job and soon, my student loans are looming on the Horizon. And with that, I'm implying that I have absolutely NO money to my name. Just foolish words and Red hair.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Cooking for a girl on the first date implies you're at one of your places, which can be a bit much for a first date. I like to cook, I'm OK, I think a cooking date is good about the 3rd date. Just gotta get to that 3rd date.