Forums are back in action! ×

Accidental Kitchen Workout

My brother & his wife are moving today, and I volunteered to cook for them. (Istra: loves cooking! Hates moving! CHOSE WISELY!)

They were over last night, and apparently the crew had jumped in number, and they were talking about getting a pizza too. Slightly miffed, I told them I would just cook more. :3 (Me: YAAAY!)

I made tacos for everybody (I live in Western Oregon. Everybody loves tacos.), but didn't have enough tortillas for 10 people. "No biggie. I will MAKE MY OWN! HAHAHA! (<- never done that before)

ZOMC, ROLLING OUT TORTILLAS IS HAAAAAARD!!!!!!! @_@ About 3 tortillas in I was like "... Ow. Ow. Ow. I gotta tell the NF gang about this. This is ridiculous!"

I ended up making about 16 tortillas and got a 20 minute arm workout. XD I never did get them flat enough ... they kept puffing up! Next time, NO BAKING POWDER! (You LIED to me, recipe!)

Ha! When I clicked this thread I thought it said "kitten workout" and I thought, "Amazing!"

But I love this! I had never thought to make my own tortillas. Very cool. And I really love it when fitness is functional like that :)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I also discovered that apparently I don't get hungry if I spend tons of time cooking.

Not sure if this was why for you, but when I am frantically doing stuff, I don't get hungry either. On Saturday I was hosting a party and I was trying to do like ten things at once from making cocktails to finishing the food and greeting guests, and I never really got hungry despite hardly eating anything.

Shaking up cocktails can also give you a bit of exercise, which is perfect since I like drinking them.