Forums are back in action! ×

Finally joined! Rebel Tim Moon here.

I've been reading NerdFitness for about 5 or 6 months now, maybe longer...? For some reason, I just now remembered to register for the forums. So here I am!

Up until my second year of college I was always in great shape, very athletic and even had a six pack. No more. I guess my freshman 15 was collecting interest and grew to the sophomore 50. :neglected:

A variety of rationalizations (read - excuses) and bad economy induced instability kept me from taking real action. There are no excuses now, I'm back on the right path. I'm here to make friends, learn some new stuff and enjoy a community of like-minded people. If you're at all interested, I'm on twitter - @TimDMoon. There are a lot of badass stories that Steve has shared on twitter and I love the motivation.

So, thank you! I'm happy to enlist in the rebellion!

Being fit is a journey not a destination.

Rockin' the NerdFitness T-shirt

Welcome! What kind of fitness stuff are you interested in?

Thanks! I love to lift and my favorite activity is hiking. My goal is to get back into military-Tim shape (100+ push ups in 2min, 115+ situps in 2min, and 2-mile run in ~12:30). If I didn't travel for work I would start krav maga and crossfit. Until then...I do workouts in my hotel room, hotel gym, or in the hotel area. heh

A really good fitness hacking book I've been reading lately is The 4-Hour Body. I've been following the slow-carb diet and using the cold therapy principles, along with PAGG (a supplement stack). Generally though I try to steer clear of supplements. They can easily become a crutch.

Being fit is a journey not a destination.

Rockin' the NerdFitness T-shirt

Interesting. I haven't heard of the 4-hour body. I'll have to check it out :)

I love hiking...and it looks like you live in a great place to do it! I love that area - my husband and I visited Seattle last year, and hiked around Mt. Rainier. Then we drove down to Mt. Hood and went along the Columbia River Gorge to Portland. :) So beautiful out there...it's amazing!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8