Forums are back in action! ×

Friendly neighborhood bahgheera here, checking in for the first time. I've been reading the blog for the last couple of days, and I've found a lot of really good info there. And I mean a *lot*. So, I'm here because for the last couple of years I've known I needed to lose a little weight (~210 lbs, I'd like to get it back down to 170) and every so often I get on a kick where I work out a little bit, and then a few weeks go by and I've forgotten all about it. I'm hoping this time it's not the same. I think I've realized at this point that it's because I don't really have any friends who work out, in fact, don't really have that many friends at all to be honest heh heh. Just a wife and two little girls to keep me company most of the time.

At any rate, I feel like I may find a community here who will "keep me honest", so to speak. I look forward to learning what I can from this place.

Welcome indeed!

I too suffer from the not-very-many-friends-especially-any-who-work-out syndrome. This has been a great replacement for real life friends... :P

Seriously though...this place motivates and inspires like many others don't.

What are your plans to get you to your weight loss goal?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I'm also a lone wolf in the workout department most of the time. I promise that once you start, you'll love it (and probably make some friends, too!)

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.