Forums are back in action! ×

Hey, hi, how ya doin?

I'm the new guy and here's a little info about me. I'm 29 years old, I was born and raised in Mississippi, and I'm a nerd (wouldn't have it any other way ha). I've always been a big guy, bigger, stronger, just generally built to hurt, I was always over weight, but I never really had a problem with it. Until last year that is, I had just graduated with my masters in geology, and I got a job in west Texas to start paying off those student loans. It was a scrub job, I was living in a town that I didn't know another soul in and working 24 hour shifts. So my days consisted of working / sleeping and if I wasn't doing one of those things, I was probably eating pizza or fast food. Needless to say, I packed on the pounds pretty fast. I clearly was not happy, but I stuck with it for a full year and last November I ended up getting an opportunity to come back to Mississippi, which I jumped on. But I still wasn't happy with my weight, so as of new years I decided to do something about it. Jan 1, 2012, I weighed in at 300lbs (299.9 really, but I think its safe to round that one up) now I'm down to 275lbs, and I have no intention of stopping anytime soon. Anywho, that's the qucik of it, thanks for listening! (reading?)

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Hi,

My goal isn't really specific, I was shooting for 275, so I'll probably aim for 260 now. I've always thought if I ever saw 230 I would just be a brick wall ha. But I figure between eating paleo and working out, I'll just end up at a nice healthy weight, whatever it may be.

My workout is a little complicated. My new years resolution was to work out everyday this year (so far so good). For the first six weeks or so, I was doing circuits alternating days between upper body (pushups, curls, standing flys, tricep dips) and lower body (dumbell squats, lunges, crunches, mountain climbers)I would do 10 sets counting down so first set 10 reps, second 9, third 8, etc. When I got tired of this I started more into lifting and breaking my days down even more, so it would be shoulders, chest, bis & tris, legs, abs. And I've started adding a little road work / cardio into the mix here lately. I even did yoga for the first time a couple of weeks ago. But yeah, that's the gist of it. Maybe it's not too confusing.

Anywho, have fun

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge