Forums are back in action! ×

Workout Blues (for the lack of a better title)

I always workout right after work, but the last two days it has been raining right when I get off work. So when I get back to the house, I just do not want to work out (I've still forced myself, my heart wasn't in them though).

Anybody else run across any similar problems? If so, any tips on fighting through it?

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Go right to the gym?

When it's raining out, it takes a lot to motivate me to leave the house. So, I pack a bag and bring it to work with me. That way I can head straight to the gym and then grumble the whole way home as it's raining on me.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

yep, i'd say go straight to the gym as well. if your home IS your gym, then maybe put your workout clothes on before you head home, that way you're already set to go when you get there. don't sit down, immediately turn on some happy times music, maybe do a few push-ups to get the muscles moving.

i'm not a fan of after-work workouts - I'm an AM workout-er all the way. any chance you may be one as well? :)

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

It's been raining here for three days, our gym is here at home, and I'm still not motivated to work out. It's been a slog this week, it's a deload week for us, my elbow joints have been bugging me...I'm just not feeling it!

Hang in there...hopefully next week will be better for all of us.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Thanks for the tips folks! I work out at the house most of the time. I like working out in the morning, but it's not always feasible (as in I like to sleep in sometimes ha). I don't usually have a problem working out in the evening, I tend to walk in change and get into whatever I'm doing that day. I think it's just been a combo of the rain making me a little tired, and the extra time it takes driving home in the rain. Today I plan on bringing the fury though, I'll let you know how it goes.

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Having a variety of workout options does it for me. If all I did was lift (or run, or whatever) I'd run out of motivation after a few weeks.

This. Whenever I get into a funk (happens every 3-4months) I try to mix up my routine. For example, when I do not feel motivated to lift heavy shit (I know I know rebels, it happens to me too even though I love Barbella) I will switch to more running or bodyweight/acrobatics type stuff for a week or two. Or if I feel really unmotivated I'll just take a rest week (these are very rare) and then afterwards I feel energized again.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I agree with Sloth Like and BigM, I need to mix it up sometimes. I usually go back to the things I love, but sometimes I like to have just weirdo day where I do things I never do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

I have this really bad right now. All I can tell you is don't let it get out of hand. I haven't been to the gym in weeks because it is getting bad. Scare yourself. Think about how set back your progress would be. For me personally, I think I needed to take a break but that's ending tonight. Go straight to the gym and do something you usually don't do (as the suggestions above indicate). But remember to think long and hard about it. If you let this get out of hand then you could end up not going at all.

I rarely feel like exercising after work. I want to relax, maybe have a beer, a feed, watch my current show, read and hit the sack. Even on a day when work hasn't been stressful or long.

I hit the weights first thing in the morning, no excuses, no "Oh, its been a long day", or "I had to work late". First thing, git er dun. Then the rest of the day is easy, because I've done my squats, how hard could work be?

I had a real good workout yesterday after work. I went ahead and did today's workout too, but I'm heading to a baseball game after work, so after work wasn't an option today.