Forums are back in action! ×

Things you wish women would stop doing to themselves

Measuring their appearance by what they think other women think. Men measure their appearance by what they think women will think, obviously the point is to be attractive to the opposite sex. The headscratching thing is that many men don't really agree with the idea of attractiveness than most women think that other women think is attractive. Thus there are a lot of women out there who wish to become less attractive to men. On the whole women seem much more confused about how to build an attractive figure.
Sooo, enlighten us clueless broads...what is it that men find attractive?
Yes , tell us what you like about us :)

Waldo beat me to it, but I'm gonna have to agree since it got a couple responses from the ladies. Women tend to try to look good for their girl friends. I have never understood why the need to have your girl friends approve of your appearance is crucial. Honestly, some of the girls I know might not be truthful anyway since they want to look better than the person asking for the advice, especially if they are about to go out. They'll certainly say "You look cute/hot" but they're not going to volunteer "If you did this, you'd look hotter than me".

If you're interested in men, and are trying to get a man's attention, at least for that night/day, measure your appearance by what those specific men want, not what women will think.

As for what we want, Mom and Gemeaux, well that of course differs in a lot of ways depending on the man, so I will speak only for myself.

- Too much makeup looks ugly, but just the right amount can bring out and highlight areas that you like about yourself in just the right way. As example, Gemeaux, you have gorgeous eyes, so only the slightest bit of makeup is needed to draw men to them.

- For me, there is a fine line between dressing like a slut and dressing for the club. I'm all about tight skirts and dresses, but they are not necessary. Above all, dress for your body type and you're more likely to get my attention. Also....stop pushing your asses and breasts out. Just stand with good posture. We know when your doing this!

- This one varies for all men, but I like curves! I like a nice butt and legs. I have a friend that is the opposite, and I know we'll never compete for the same girl. Breast size does not matter to me.

- Hair color doesn't matter, but if it is short, I like it styled. I'm not big on short hair, but if it is styled properly, it can get my attention.

These are just a few. I'll come back with more if I think of some.

EDIT:

That would take far too long to write down :-)

Here's a few examples:

* The way women smell after just having a shower.

* The way women do that smile/blush thing when they've just had a compliment

* The way women do that hip sway thing when they walk up the stairs, and then pretend they don't know what we're talking about (you totally do!)

* Knee High boots in winter (nuff said)

* boobs

* The way women have that thing after a hard day at work when they want to snuggle in on the sofa, and do so wordlessly and smoothly (sometimes without me even noticing)

* The way women do the cute flirting to get ahead in queues/bar service/etc... I love it!

I could go on all day, but then I'd get no work done ;)

I agree with all this too! :-)

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Here is someone that I think is attractive as just an example and I will tell you why.

tumblr_m07t0jqZhF1r7tkvqo1_1280.jpg

She is dressed simply yet fashionably giving her a well put together look. She appears to be confident in herself (which is important) and does not seem to be looking for approval, knowing that she only needs her own approval. She also appears to be educated, which I find important and attractive, but that does not necessarily mean a college education. She is beginning to border on being too thin, but she still has some curves as well.

I do want to note, that I am 26 and this women is probably in her 40s and I still find her attractive. No, it is not some weird mommy thing, but her appearance is certainly attractive. Of course, she could open her mouth and all of her attraction could be lost by her words.

Dwarf Ranger STR 3 // DEX 2 // STA 2 // CON 4 // WIS 2 // CHA 2"It's Simple, so says the Captain;Face Forward,Move Slow,Forge Ahead.Onward! Onward! Onward!"

I like big butts. Seriously, why don't women understand that having something to grab on to is so much better looking than scrawny, boney, or anorexic.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Add too much makeup to my list. I hate it. I studied makeup in college (theatrical) and when i see someone wearing too much, it's all i can see. Also, i'm not a huge lipstick guy. Just weird. I like natural faces.

I agree with you here. I have no problem with makeup, I just like when it looks more natural.

Dwarf Ranger STR 3 // DEX 2 // STA 2 // CON 4 // WIS 2 // CHA 2"It's Simple, so says the Captain;Face Forward,Move Slow,Forge Ahead.Onward! Onward! Onward!"

I hate kissing lipstick.

I understand some makeup (erring on the side of too little is definitely important), but it would seem to be more important for the whole pulling the bobber under/setting the hook time with men, once past that point the need drastically wanes. Women look their most attractive Sat-Sun mornings in bed anyways.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

I think that all men have their own preferences, so it's kind of hard to pin down. Also, different things work for different women - I've personally been attracted to a very wide range of different shapes, sizes, and personalities over the years...

Here is someone that I think is attractive as just an example and I will tell you why.

tumblr_m07t0jqZhF1r7tkvqo1_1280.jpg

She is dressed simply yet fashionably giving her a well put together look. She appears to be confident in herself (which is important) and does not seem to be looking for approval, knowing that she only needs her own approval. She also appears to be educated, which I find important and attractive, but that does not necessarily mean a college education. She is beginning to border on being too thin, but she still has some curves as well.

I do want to note, that I am 26 and this women is probably in her 40s and I still find her attractive. No, it is not some weird mommy thing, but her appearance is certainly attractive. Of course, she could open her mouth and all of her attraction could be lost by her words.

Beginning to border on.....LOL

That girl needs to eat. And squat. A lot.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Beginning to border on.....LOL

That girl needs to eat. And squat. A lot.

lol Indeed. If she began doing some squats, and then dressed like that, she would be perfect.

I should add lean muscle to my list of things that I like in women.

I've got counters to many of the "Gah, I hate that!"'s that have been posted here, but I realize that I'm in a tiny minority, so I'll just go with:

- doing things that YOU KNOW FOR A FACT will produce no tangible result, except to make yourself mad

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Guest Gemeaux
Waldo beat me to it, but I'm gonna have to agree since it got a couple responses from the ladies. Women tend to try to look good for their girl friends. I have never understood why the need to have your girl friends approve of your appearance is crucial. Honestly, some of the girls I know might not be truthful anyway since they want to look better than the person asking for the advice, especially if they are about to go out. They'll certainly say "You look cute/hot" but they're not going to volunteer "If you did this, you'd look hotter than me".

If you're interested in men, and are trying to get a man's attention, at least for that night/day, measure your appearance by what those specific men want, not what women will think.

As for what we want, Mom and Gemeaux, well that of course differs in a lot of ways depending on the man, so I will speak only for myself.

- Too much makeup looks ugly, but just the right amount can bring out and highlight areas that you like about yourself in just the right way. As example, Gemeaux, you have gorgeous eyes, so only the slightest bit of makeup is needed to draw men to them.

- For me, there is a fine line between dressing like a slut and dressing for the club. I'm all about tight skirts and dresses, but they are not necessary. Above all, dress for your body type and you're more likely to get my attention. Also....stop pushing your asses and breasts out. Just stand with good posture. We know when your doing this!

- This one varies for all men, but I like curves! I like a nice butt and legs. I have a friend that is the opposite, and I know we'll never compete for the same girl. Breast size does not matter to me.

- Hair color doesn't matter, but if it is short, I like it styled. I'm not big on short hair, but if it is styled properly, it can get my attention.

These are just a few. I'll come back with more if I think of some.

EDIT:

I agree with all this too! :-)

Thank you ! x

Ok I have to ask , do men really pay attention to nice underwear ?

We pay attention to EVERY part of you, and everything attached to you. We don't generally tell the difference between slinky $10 underwear and slinky $100 underwear, though.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

We pay attention to EVERY part of you, and everything attached to you. We don't generally tell the difference between slinky $10 underwear and slinky $100 underwear, though.

Said better than my simple "Yes"

Also, chapstick / lip balm don't bother me. A little lipstick doesn't either.

And, agree with the long fake fingernails, but I do like medium to long natural fingernails! The feeling of those scratching down your back.....YEAH!!

EDIT:

OMG yes.

Though I realize I am very much in the minority for not liking thongs.

Edit as Thrillho pointed out, we really can't tell how much it cost though.

I like thongs alright, but they're not #1 on my list. #1 are "Boy Short" / "Booty Short" style!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Guest Gemeaux
Said better than my simple "Yes"

Also, chapstick / lip balm don't bother me. A little lipstick doesn't either.

And, agree with the long fake fingernails, but I do like medium to long natural fingernails! The feeling of those scratching down your back.....YEAH!!

EDIT:

I like thongs alright, but they're not #1 on my list. #1 are "Boy Short" / "Booty Short" style!

Yes to boy shorts and the fingernails