Forums are back in action! ×

Song of Ice and Fire discussion (spoilers)

That and they wrote out Stannis's daughter.

They did leave the door open for interpretation, since Melisandre said that Stannis' wife only gave him stillborn sons and death because the greyscale is often referred to as death. .

Boom! Vindication.

Casting call for next season includes someone for Shireen (Stannis's daughter):

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/29/game-of-throne-season-3-cast/

List from the article:

– Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,†the leader of the Wildlings.

– Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.

– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.

– Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.

– Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle.

– Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.

– Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.

– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.

– Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.

– Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.

– Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

HI! Coming in late as I just got here, but I totally am on the same train with the Jon being a Targaryon. It seemed to be heading that way to me also. I totally believe that Raegar ran away with Ned's sister, not raped her. I think he was the one sane one in the family. I'm not real keen on Jon and Daenarys getting together though. I dislike that theory lol. The inbreeding seems to be what has caused the madness in the family, I don't want that to continue!!

But anyway, just chiming in as another one who loves the series :)

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

A girl named Kerry Berry is casted as Shireen, according to her Twitter and the casting dept's Twitter. I'm a huge GoT nerd and follow asoif's forums. Also have been in touch with the actor Cas Anvar who auditioned for Daario-but he doesn't know if he got it yet. I'm a huge nerd :hopelessness:

just keep on trucking...

Anyone who has read all 5 books through Dance with Dragons up for some discussion? Conspiracy theories, and what not? Rereading the first one now, and sooo many things are obvious now.

Predictions

Jon is dead (hopefully since he's so boring)

Sansa's life will continue to go downhill

Arya I think will die in the last book unfortunately. I really love her but she's so mentally twisted at this point.

Tommen will rein supreme

Cersei will get all the power back but will be crazier than ever.

Daenerys will ride Drogon back to that weird slave town and then FINALLY go back to Westeros

Tyrion will also die in the end. I know everyone thinks he won't since he's Martin's favorite character but I see this plan of his totally backfiring on him.

Brienne and Jaime will go on another road trip :D

"If you die, you die. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee

I though was better than AFFC-that one is a bit long winded. I hated Daenyres lover-waste of time. And felt bad for the Martell kid.

And...Jon Snow is not dead. He is R'hllor or the Prince that was Promised...son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, and one of the dragon riders...

I agree with this and have felt this way since book 1.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2|DEX: 2|STA: 2|CON: 3|WIS: 4|CHA: 2|

It's a TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moving this thread to the new book club section.

edit: Nevermind, there already...

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf