Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

Short men aren't worth your time. Tall men aren't worth your time. Only date men who have shed their physical forms and ascended to a higher plane of existence.

I tried that, but he never showed up..

:D:D:D

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

If you tell me you look like Rich Fronning but with a little more body fat - I may have to fight your wife to the death :o;)

Froning is actually only like 5'9" and 195#

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Stop spoiling my fantasy!!!!!! ;)

I can live with it. It's not like I'm ever going to be standing next to him to check. If he ever calls me up to ask me out, I may have to reconsider :D

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Stop spoiling my fantasy!!!!!! ;)

I can live with it. It's not like I'm ever going to be standing next to him to check. If he ever calls me up to ask me out, I may have to reconsider :D

I am the same way about Eddie Vedder! 

He's 5'7" and I am cool with that, I'll take that call.

And if he has a hole in his shirt, or ten holes and wearing camo, that's fine too.  :joyous:

• Like 1

Yes it's entirely subjective. But if you look at the topic as a whole there are many different types of men described and to me that's great. There's someone out there for everyone. Except short dudes.

I had to speak up on behalf of short dudes. 1 - my boyfriend is shorter than I am by about an inch but that doesn't matter. But 2 - I have been attracted to men who were 3-4 inches shorter than me. It really is all about personality and presence. Do not dismay short dudes, your Uma Thurman is out there!!

• Like 1

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

At his ht/BF%, 195 lb is quite impressive, borderline you can't do that without help.

Oh I'm definitely not saying he isn't impressive, simply that he isn't that large, in the grand scheme of things.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Of course that's a no brainer. But a charming short dude versus a charming tall dude. Shorter dude is screwed lol

A man concurs. The only times one's size is appreciated (often in conjunction with one's flexibility): calisthenics, having to sit in a packed vehicle for prolonged periods of time, surviving being put inside lockers, having to Jackie Chan my way out of situations. Not good for (but not limited to): sports, locomotion, self-confidence, scoring with chicks, or making money.

Also tends to get me in trouble, since strippers happen to like wearing 7-inch heels, putting them at a usual average of close to six feet, and I have to physically touch them to get their attention.

It really is all about personality and presence.

Really? Damn. Well that sucks...

Well, a lot of Navy Seals, etc. are of compact build. Something about an efficient morphotype.

The enormous guys seem to be the exception, with all the rucking and running they do, but you rarely see any tiny dudes. A normal Army soldier would be carrying around 50 pounds of gear, and it would probably not be easy to walk that across rugged terrain with stubs for legs. I tend to see a lot of those wiry guys who can move, but a lot of them get huge overseas (like a lot of people do).

The enormous guys seem to be the exception, with all the rucking and running they do, but you rarely see any tiny dudes. A normal Army soldier would be carrying around 50 pounds of gear, and it would probably not be easy to walk that across rugged terrain with stubs for legs. I tend to see a lot of those

who can move, but a lot of them get huge overseas (like a lot of people do).

Try 80+ pounds of gear. Ammo and water aren't light. That being said, soldiers come in all shapes and sizes. Most of them aren't huge, not surprising when you consider that the majority of our physical training consists of bodyweight and cardio (I use "our" loosely, I mostly train on my own).

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

At his ht/BF%, 195 lb is quite impressive.

Thank you Waldo! And have you SEEN the videos of him chopping wood? I could use a man like that! (Now there's definitely scope for a dirty joke in there :D)

And he rocks that facial hair thing too.

Wandering back to the original topic slightly... All issues of largeness an hairyness aside, intelligence is very sexy in a man (or woman, I'm sure the guys will agree)

Intelligent, articulate and passionate (about his interests), someone who can stimulate my mind, and hold an interesting conversation. That I find very attractive

• Like 2

I had to speak up on behalf of short dudes. 1 - my boyfriend is shorter than I am by about an inch but that doesn't matter. But 2 - I have been attracted to men who were 3-4 inches shorter than me. It really is all about personality and presence. Do not dismay short dudes, your Uma Thurman is out there!!

Thank you. This is much appreciated since everyone else went instantly to personality lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

Simon, there is so much more to it then height. I fell for my husband instantly, and he was sitting down, I didn't know how tall he was.

I'm not THAT sensitive about my height. Just under 5'9. I'm taller than a decent amount of women. I just would never be confused with a tall dude. Plus I'm below average for a man so I feel shorter than I am when there are other men around. Just bothers me slightly that women mention height a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

Try 80+ pounds of gear. Ammo and water aren't light. That being said, soldiers come in all shapes and sizes. Most of them aren't huge, not surprising when you consider that the majority of our physical training consists of bodyweight and cardio (I use "our" loosely, I mostly train on my own).

I was trying to include everyone, sir, including the POGs. (I don't like to discriminate. Haha)

Regular rifleman from an assault element would be carrying around that. Auto rifle, maybe 1.5x that. On a prolonged mission, an upwards of 150 isn't uncommon. The shorter guys who make it are usually built like brick houses; if you're in the 130's range you're probably sucking on patrols. The bigger guys, the tanks, the Warriors, although they're extremely useful in combat operations, they are usually looked-down upon because they can't keep the 7-minute pace for 5 miles (despite a 290 APFT). The ones who seem to thrive in general are the taller wiry guys; the Scouts who have a bit of strength-endurance, because of the Army's penchant for long running and pushups. They get the reputation as "studs" and get the Ranger School slots, even if they can't deadlift their bodyweight.

But I don't think it's the PT that makes soldiers to be "not huge". Rather I believe they all revert to their normal body types after Basic Training, and how they look is pretty much dictated by how they behave during those 22.5 hours in the day that they are not imprisoned by Army PT. I have heard many times from higher that "Army PT is not supposed to improve you; it's only supposed to maintain your fitness", which I believe is just a weak excuse for a shitty PT plan.

I'm getting a bit off-topic here. To steer it back, redirecting from where I am, here it a clip of Josh Hartnett, Ewan McGregor, and Tom Hardy doing Army stuff.

Wandering back to the original topic slightly... All issues of largeness an hairyness aside, intelligence is very sexy in a man (or woman, I'm sure the guys will agree)

Intelligent, articulate and passionate (about his interests), someone who can stimulate my mind, and hold an interesting conversation. That I find very attractive

I don't think I could handle a woman smarter than I am. (That just leaves me with burnouts and bar bimbos.) Specialized knowledge and unique views are all I have going for me. I would have nothing to offer a highly-intelligent, independent woman. Haha

With the popularity of The Big Bang Theory show, the market value for nerds seemed to increase over time. However, I still think that an overly-pedantic and aloof Sheldon Cooper persona would still annoy the crap out of most women, no matter how sexy they claim he is on the show. Or Sherlock Holmes, even if he is Iron Man.

This is apparently what nerds look like:

Big-Bang-Theory-cast-explains-four-year-

Tom Hardy in Warrior was hot, but loved him as Bane and Bronson as well. He is intelligent, pretty and can bulk and he rocks a pretty good beard!

Agreed. Would hit.

I was trying to include everyone, sir, including the POGs. (I don't like to discriminate. Haha)

Regular rifleman from an assault element would be carrying around that. Auto rifle, maybe 1.5x that. On a prolonged mission, an upwards of 150 isn't uncommon. The shorter guys who make it are usually built like brick houses; if you're in the 130's range you're probably sucking on patrols. The bigger guys, the tanks, the Warriors, although they're extremely useful in combat operations, they are usually looked-down upon because they can't keep the 7-minute pace for 5 miles (despite a 290 APFT). The ones who seem to thrive in general are the taller wiry guys; the Scouts who have a bit of strength-endurance, because of the Army's penchant for long running and pushups. They get the reputation as "studs" and get the Ranger School slots, even if they can't deadlift their bodyweight.

But I don't think it's the PT that makes soldiers to be "not huge". Rather I believe they all revert to their normal body types after Basic Training, and how they look is pretty much dictated by how they behave during those 22.5 hours in the day that they are not imprisoned by Army PT. I have heard many times from higher that "Army PT is not supposed to improve you; it's only supposed to maintain your fitness", which I believe is just a weak excuse for a shitty PT plan.

Indeed, but POGs don't go out on patrol too often, so they don't carry much gear at all haha. You seem to be thinking of Ranger/SF types if you're considering 150# loads and 5 mile runs. Believe me, in the vast majority of the Army, infantry included, you won't get too many complaints for a 290 APFT score.

When I say "huge", I mean "massively built", since bodyweight and cardio doesn't generally achieve that. I do agree with your assessment of the Army PT program, however. In general, I find it rather weak. Not to mention the fact that a test consisting of a 2-mile run, push-ups, and sit-ups is a lousy measure of overall fitness.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.