Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

You probably know this trick already, but my dad only discovered it last year, he was amazed by it. He found that by altering his voice, raising or dropping the pitch he could say words that he was having problems with. He also finds that he doesn't stutter at all if he "puts on" an accent.

Do you find that too?

Interesting, Ive never tried that actually, should try it out.

I think a lot of this is simply the product of being more mindful about what one is saying - whether this is the product of purposefully altering one's voice or something else may be secondary.

For me, I occasionally stutter, but the most straightforward solution in my case is to simply *slow down*, and *think*.  Generally when I'm taking time to be more selective with my words, my mouth and my brain will do a better job of syncing up.

It's weird, I'm kinda the opposite. When I don't think and just talk I speak smoother and when I gotta think is when I start stuttering like crazy. It does help to pause and talk a breath though.

I'm kind of the same way IRL, unless whiskey is involved.

Then all bets are off.

Ugh.  You whiskey people baffle me.  I would rather drink a 5th of vodka than a shot of whiskey.  And have on more than one occasion.  

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I'm kind of the same way IRL...

Me too.....

Pfffttt! Yeah right! No one's gonna believe that! I'm just as stoopid and ridiculous in real life. Especially if there's alcohol involved. ;)

I was painfully shy and introverted when I was younger, but not now.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I become almost a mute when I'm drunk, not that it's much different than normal

Oh Frost! Are we talking "Strong, Silent Type" or "Painfully Shy, Introverted Type" here? Or something else....

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

I become much more outgoing and boisterous when drunk.

...I need to drink more.

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

...I need to drink more.

Thankfully, this can be achieved. ;)

I used to cringe with embarrassment at my drunken antics. Now I've come to embrace it. I wake up and think -oh God, did I really do that......? Epic! Someone give me a high five please!

• Like 1

I have been told I'm "almost like a real person" when I'm drunk.

Not sure how to take that.

Hmmm.... Does this mean you're "unreal" the rest of the time?

Who are these people that say this Thillho? I'll come over there and kick their ass!

*mutter mutter mutter not happy about this mutter*

Oh Frost! Are we talking "Strong, Silent Type" or "Painfully Shy, Introverted Type" here? Or something else....

Strong, silent type, unless there is music then I'm the dancing silent type; aka if I saw you and there was a reel or something playing I would ask you to dance and then not say one word while we were dancing

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Ugh.  You whiskey people baffle me.  I would rather drink a 5th of vodka than a shot of whiskey.  And have on more than one occasion.

Ugh, Vodka?  I can't touch the stuff.

However, there is nothing like 3 fingers of whiskey on the rocks to relax after work with. 

When I'm sober, I'm happy to just sit back, enjoy good 1 on 1 conversation, talk low and slow and watch the world go by. 

When I'm whiskeyed up, I suddenly talk much faster, become almost manic and suddenly love EVERYBODY.  I am in love with life and the world when drinking.

Yeah, I'm a very happy drunk lol.

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

I haven't been drunk for so long I forget what it's like. I will have to remedy that at the wake next week. Then again maybe I shouldn't, I might end up telling people what I "really" think of them.

As far as I'm concerned... go have fun. It's what we did.... :-)

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Strong, silent type, unless there is music then I'm the dancing silent type; aka if I saw you and there was a reel or something playing I would ask you to dance and then not say one word while we were dancing

That's not such a bad thing. For me, if I'm dancing, I'm dancing. There's no room for talking too.

I can go either way, sometimes I'm very animated, loud, and full of fun and laughter, but I hate it when people talk just to fill the silence. If I don't have anything to say, I'm quite happy not to talk.

So many people just need to learn how to shut-da-fuck-up.

• Like 3