Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

I haven't been drunk for so long I forget what it's like. I will have to remedy that at the wake next week. Then again maybe I shouldn't, I might end up telling people what I "really" think of them.

They'd stop talking to you..... Not sayin' that's a bad thing... ;)
  • Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

My #1 #2 problem.

Nah, I'm talking (ha!) about people who just spew out drivel. Even talking rubbish is good, if it's entertaining. But some people (and I'm related to quite a few of 'em) just spout utter shit, constantly, just to fill the vacuum.

Sometimes I just want to yell "There's nothing wrong with a bit of peace and quiet people!!!!"

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Okay, a question for the ladies. Does anyone actually go to a bookstore to meet people?

If I was looking, I would, but I'm not typical, clearly.

Woohoo! Score!

I swear like a trooper though.... Probably lessens the effect ;)

Nope   

A girl that actually wants a solution to a problem when she's upset????

Hey guys... I think I found something more rare than a unicorn being ridden by Bigfoot while he's searching the shores for the Lochness monster.

Ok, I always knew I was a unicorn :love_heart: Why is it so hard not to verbalize your feelings 24/7??? I just don't want to talk about them constantly, yanno?

Now that you mention it... that does seem to my experience as well. Minus the guys that have cats because they wanted a dog, the wife wanted a cat and so they compromised and got a cat. 

My husband is a "cat guy" and they seem to be more brooding and super sensitive types as far as I can tell

It is.... you have no idea how many times I've tried to offer a solution, only to get it stepped on. In my experience, women don't want a solution... they just want to talk, and "It'll be ok" is a guys attempt at ending that talk, because we want no part of "just talking"... we fix things...

ok, I'm clearly married to a woman (lol don't tell him I said that in public :x)   

Jonathan_Coulton_13_November_2009-256x30

Insanity...I thought that was really you at first...lol.

This is probably something I admire in both sexes actually, but I think I'm more aware of it I'm men...

I really like when a guy is confidant and secure enough in himself that he doesn't feel the need to "fit in". And I don't mean by being 'alternative' either. More, just someone who can stand in a room full of people and not feel the need to try and make people like him.

I don't like cockiness or arrogance, but real self acceptance is a different kettle of fish altogether. Most of us have a need to be liked and accepted by those around us, but the person who is truly content with who they are without that social recognition... Whoa!

Anyone else agree?

yes

@Insanity - Are you really telling us that you're - beardy, nerdy, self assured, 6 foot tall(?), play with fireworks, ex USMC, with a sense of humour, AND you don't snore.......?

Ding ding ding ding ding! Ladies we have a winner! :D

said that like 50 pages ago

6'4" auto mechanic here.  And I don't snore either.  Do I win anything?  :D

Sure do! I just dont know what that might be, I think Guzzi will be mad if I pimp her out without asking :P

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

P

Someone has to be the mature one here...

Says who??

Not it.

Me either, screw that shit!

No, he's talking to someone names Trillho. Dunno who that guy is.  He seems like a jerk.

And no, I'm not 'comparing' in the sense maybe you think I am, but yes, me and Thrillwife don't have a lot in common in that regard. 

... do I really do it "all the time"? :(

Lol sometimes we love someone but don't have much in common, it happens, I'm there too. No worries :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Do women like shy guys?

I used to be super shy, I still am but not as much. I stutter so now, I just dont talking much.

Banana...you are awesome and I would like you if I wasn't sure you deserve better :)

That makes me Ryan Gosling then.

I'

I never "seal deals"; I merely allow deals to be sealed. Or I just say something really cool and walk away (before eventually realizing that I forgot to take any contact information for a possible follow-up).

I'll get around to it sometime. Didn't feel like recording at the moment, I feel like people will be able to tell that I'm in another depressive episode.

You are soooo much better than Ryan Gosling :love_heart:

I'm kind of the same way IRL, unless whiskey is involved.

Then all bets are off.

Ugh. You whiskey people baffle me. I would rather drink a 5th of vodka than a shot of whiskey. And have on more than one occasion.

tomato, tomato ;)

I'm a bad drunk... the walls come down and I apparently get hilarious, but also touchy feely....

and this is why I dont drink around people I wouldnt sleep with sober!

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Nah, I'm talking (ha!) about people who just spew out drivel. Even talking rubbish is good, if it's entertaining. But some people (and I'm related to quite a few of 'em) just spout utter shit, constantly, just to fill the vacuum.

Sometimes I just want to yell "There's nothing wrong with a bit of peace and quiet people!!!!"

Amen sister!

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Ok, I always knew I was a unicorn :love_heart: Why is it so hard not to verbalize your feelings 24/7??? I just don't want to talk about them constantly, yanno?

It's not so much the "not talking about em" it's that when they do, they don't want a solution, they "Just want to talk"

ok, I'm clearly married to a woman (lol don't tell him I said that in public :x)   

Sounds like blackmail material

said that like 50 pages ago

Some people need more convincing... :-)

and this is why I dont drink around people I wouldnt sleep with sober!

It's why I learned to control myself... :-) I can get completely blitzed and still control my actions... I don't now, since getting blitzed is no fun anymore...

Jonathan_Coulton_13_November_2009-256x30

Insanity...I thought that was really you at first...lol.

Close but no cigar...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

At the end of the day, after I've made dinner, cleared the table, done the dishes, helped D'Kid with homework [if need be] and carted laundry up & down steps, Mrs. Mart will say to me "You're a good wife" as I'm making her a cocktail

Hey. that's my wife! GIVE BACK MY WIFE!

... I'm kidding.  My wife drinks beer. :)

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

What changed? Was it something specific or just over time you found more self confidence?

Hmm, well when I first started school I didnt know english so I was kinda scared at first. I think its just my personality to be more quiet, but yeah, Ive just become more comfortable around others I guess. Late reply, lol

Hmm, well when I first started school I didnt know english so I was kinda scared at first. I think its just my personality to be more quiet, but yeah, Ive just become more comfortable around others I guess. Late reply, lol

Ok, I learned something I did not know about you, what is your first language then?  

Indeed. In a world where shyness is not a vice but an attractive trait, Ryan Gosling would envy my sexual charisma.

See...that's exactly why! :D Shy guys with wit and quiet charm are omg so much sexier than loud in your face boys, but maybe that's because I'm old (?) 

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Yeah, you two are just decrepit O_o

(and Guzzi, I never would have imagined you're 31. I would have guessed mid-20s, tops)

Well... she does have the body of a...

titanium robot... :peaceful:

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

(and Guzzi, I never would have imagined you're 31. I would have guessed mid-20s, tops)

Haha! You edited that bit in after I'd replied.

Thank you, that's very kind of you. But for a teacher your maths is shocking man! If I was only in my mid twenties I'd have been going out with Peter since I was about 10, lol!

• Like 2

See...that's exactly why! :D Shy guys with wit and quiet charm are omg so much sexier than loud in your face boys, but maybe that's because I'm old (?)

Wouldn't really count this as wit and quiet charm (that would be the likes of Wentworth Miller from "Prison break", Tom Wlaschiha from "Game Of Thrones", or Chad Michael Murray from "One Tree Hill"), more like social awkwardness and overcontemplation. There is no place in society for an overcontemplative man. That's why they killed Socrates.