Forums are back in action! ×

Almost 1 year later.

Hi everyone. After almost a year of lurking and not participating in the forum I have finally decided to get active and start devoting myself to the cause.

A little background about myself:

My name is Matt, I'm 30 years old and father of 2 with a third on the way. I live about 30 minutes west of St. Louis MO and work behind a desk 12 hours a day. I found Nerd Fitness about a year ago (via Stumbleupon) and was instantly intrigued. I purchased the Rebel Strength Guide, read it front to back and got to work. Right from the hop I really enjoyed Steve's approach to fitness. Prior to my Nerd Fitness arrival, I was doing the Primal Blueprint w/ great success. Shortly after I was introduced to Crossfit. I kind of jumped around between the 3 for a while but, at some point the wheels fell off and I slowly became sedentary.

Fast forward to today:

I feel worse physically than I have ever felt in my life. My diet is terrible, not to mention my sleeping habits. My biggest vice to date is dipping (chewing tobacco) and I hate that I do it. All of these things are causing my self esteem to bottom out as well. I'm not sure what caused me to slip into an out of control spiral but, here I am and I want to change. To participate in a forum is something very new and uncomfortable to me as I prefer solitude but, there is no denying that the community you guys have built here is a very strong and positive one and I have no problem being a part of that. I am slowly realizing that while I may be able to reach my fitness goals on my own, the accountability that comes with community surely can't hurt and thats something that I have previously lacked. So here I am.

My Goals:

Eat Better

Sleep Better

Cut Some Fat

Build Some Muscle

Be Happier

Access to fitness equipment.

I have a gym membership I don't use

I have kb's, sandbags, pullup bar, plyo box, and some other misc Crossfit stuff. No olympic weights.

Any guidance anybody wants to give, I'm open to it.

Thanks for reading,

Matt