Forums are back in action! ×

I've Joined the Rebellion, but I Know Nothing! Fortunately, I Have Ears and am Willing to Hear YOU!

Hi, everyone. If anyone happens upon this message, then I want you to know that I'm glad you're seeing it and I need your help directing me to someone who has more information on what I should do next. I am looking to start with weight training and developing as a Warrior/Ranger. Then, once I've gained some skills, I would like to work on some Scout and Assassin skills. Eventually, my goal is to become a Monk with some Druid skills. In the end, I think this still makes me a Ranger at heart since I have a desire to have some skills in practically everything. If you think you have some wisdom to pass along, then don't be modest! I bet you know quite a lot, and I would love to hear what you have to share!!!

Thanks guys:)

~GF

Not sure what kind of wisdom you're looking for... 

For skill-gaining, I find it's best to focus on acquiring one new skill at a time. Although it's tempting to pursue all the tings all at once, that tactic can dramatically cut into your gains. The longer it takes to see progress, the more time you have to say "this isn't working," and get discouraged. Whereas if you focus on one thing, you're more likely to see improvement faster. Then you can work on maintaining that skill as you add others to your repertoire. 

For multi-classing, do whatever feels right to you! Regarding multi-classing on the forums, I'd just say try to plan your 4 Week Challenges to correspond more or less with a particular guild, and post them in that guild. That way you're more likely to find encouragement from others with similar goals. (There's no rule at all that says you can't hang out with a different guild every challenge. Again, do what feels right.) 

For overall classing, yes, I'd say the "interest in everything" is best aligned with the Rangers. However, feel free to consider yourself a hybrid class if that seems more right to you. 

Is there anything else...? Not sure if you have any questions about the forums themselves, the four week challenges, or anything else. Seems like you've got a good handle on the guilds, at least. Anyway, feel free to tag or quote or message me if you want my attention, or reach out to any of the guild leaders, or anyone who you've seen post on a topic you're interested in. Rebels are a friendly bunch, we all do our best to support each other. 

1 hour ago, Wobbegong said:

Is there anything else...? Not sure if you have any questions about the forums themselves, the four week challenges, or anything else. Seems like you've got a good handle on the guilds, at least. Anyway, feel free to tag or quote or message me if you want my attention, or reach out to any of the guild leaders, or anyone who you've seen post on a topic you're interested in. Rebels are a friendly bunch, we all do our best to support each other. 

Thank you! Yes, I was wondering if there are any female warriors you could direct me to that have been at this for awhile and know how it works? Also, who are the guild leaders? How many leaders are there? I think eventually I will classify as a hybrid, but I want to work for it! Thank you for the help.

~GF

Thank you! Yes, I was wondering if there are any female warriors you could direct me to that have been at this for awhile and know how it works? Also, who are the guild leaders? How many leaders are there? I think eventually I will classify as a hybrid, but I want to work for it! Thank you for the help.

~GF

In the end, you want to make a list of goals/techniques/skills that you want to master/learn and just make steps (oftentimes small steps) towards your goals. If you want to learn how to do a handstand? Then research how to do it and start working towards that goal, eventually you'll find your stride and we'll be here rooting for you the whole way!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

There are 8 guilds, and they are:

Guild name [guild leaders]: short description

Rebel [no one rn]: Starting guild/Catchall/Don't identifying with other guilds

Adventurer [Teros]: Formerly the starting guild. Now intended for people whose main exercise is in the form of (outdoor) adventuring: spelunking, SCUBA, backpacking, rock climbing, etc.

Assassin [Hazard, Anim07734]: Bodyweight masters. Aerial skills, gymnastics, parkour, etc.

Druids [Heidi]: Flexibility/self-healing; yoga, tai-chi, meditation, etc.

Monks [RisenPhoenix, Kishi]: Martial arts focused. Karate, jiu-jitsu, capoeira, kendo, MMA, etc. 

Rangers [Tanktimus the Encourager, DarK_RaideR, Rurik Harrgath, Hammlin]: A little of everything! Usually a mix of weight training and running/other cardio, but rangers often explore other training styles and practice many different exercise techniques.

Scouts [Strickland5]: Endurance sports. Primarily distance running, cycling, and swimming, but of course things like cross-country skiing/snowshoeing would fit here too. 

Warriors [chairohkey, miss_marissa]: Weight lifters. All dat power. 

You can find out more about each guild in its thread here: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/286-teach-me-about-the-guilds/ 

Currently only the Rebels have no guild leaders, but they keep saying that'll change... Ah, other guild leaders sometimes change too, although it doesn't seem to happen too often. I'm definitely missing a few on this list, too (Starsapart from the Assassins hasn't been around in a while, but I think there are more guild leaders for the Scouts and Warriors?), but it was way harder to compile than I thought it would be. Guild leaders, list your names in your guild's 4WC home base threads! Why is that just an Assassin/Ranger thing? 

Regarding female weight lifters around the threads, mostly you get to find people by looking around the threads and bumping into them. If you're interested in weight lifting for women, there's the weight lifting threads, the women's only threads, and the entire warrior's guild. 

To tag someone just use @ and then start typing their name. The system is always pretty slow for me, but be patient and it'll get there. 

• Like 2

@wobbegong: dude! That was very impressive!... and so organized!

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

36 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

@wobbegong: dude! That was very impressive!... and so organized!

Thanks! I know the guild info off the top of my head, but what's up with guild leaders being so hard to pin down?? 

Even if there doesn't appear to be a master list of Guild Leaders floating around, they're always welcoming when you talk to them, @Genevieve Fox. So really do feel free to reach out! 

Thanks! I know the guild info off the top of my head, but what's up with guild leaders being so hard to pin down?? 

Even if there doesn't appear to be a master list of Guild Leaders floating around, they're always welcoming when you talk to them, @Genevieve Fox. So really do feel free to reach out! 

Master of guild leaders would probably be Steve, the leader of the rebellion

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Red1263 said:

Master of guild leaders would probably be Steve, the leader of the rebellion

A "master list," lol! 

But yes, Steve Kamb is the leader of the rebellion. His handle is literally Steve. (Not RebelOne.) But he's not online very often. 

Found you!! :) 

If you're looking for female Warriors (as in weightlifters), you definitely want to start with @spezzy, the Rebellion's very own Maven of All Things Weights. She is officially The Most Fabulous.

And with all of your interests, you definitely chose wisely to start with the Rangers! You have a severe case of what we call RangerBrain©, the (un)fortunate tendency to try to do All The Things© and basically become Legolas overnight - lift heavy things, orc-surf down stairs while firing arrows, do fancy martial-art-swordfighting, ride horses, and also look beautiful and relaxed while doing it.

tumblr_m64y5rZGB61qhdfzro1_500.gif 

We are always trying to find a balance between egging each other on and helping each other restrain our curiosity and love of all sorts of challenges. :)  Definitely come roam through our threads as you also network with the wonderful Warriors!!

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

On 7/5/2017 at 1:31 PM, Genevieve Fox said:

Hi, everyone. If anyone happens upon this message, then I want you to know that I'm glad you're seeing it and I need your help directing me to someone who has more information on what I should do next. I am looking to start with weight training and developing as a Warrior/Ranger. Then, once I've gained some skills, I would like to work on some Scout and Assassin skills. Eventually, my goal is to become a Monk with some Druid skills. In the end, I think this still makes me a Ranger at heart since I have a desire to have some skills in practically everything. If you think you have some wisdom to pass along, then don't be modest! I bet you know quite a lot, and I would love to hear what you have to share!!!

Thanks guys:)

~GF

https://2017wimbledon.com/