Has the weight rebound settled down now?

When this was posted on Friday? No.

After drinking too much, eating too much and weekend deadlifts, it's on its way back down.

I think I'm missing a trick here with lack of gym mirror/ work mirror selfies in my pretty dresses/ leggings/ dehydrated 8 pack states.

Sunday:

Deadlift: 4x1 @135kg, 5x3 @120kg

Deficit Deadlifts: 3x5 @95kg

Shoulder Press: 12 @25kg, 8 @30kg, 5 @34kg, 3 @37kg, 13 @25kg - I'm finally getting the hang of this.

Jerk: 5x3 @47kg - turns out good pressing position is a nice warm up for good jerk position

Assistance: renegade row & plank

Massively frustrated today as it's the first day I can get the bike back out.  It has a puncture, the quick release on the front wheel is gubbed, the front wheel rim is gubbed, needs new brake pads, new chain (and new freewheel as I usually replace them at the same time for breaking in purposes) and judging ffrom the above there's probably something I've missed on the servicing list.

The guys are pretty good at getting my bike turned around pretty fast.

The quicker I buy a house with a garage the better, then I have space to have the set up to deal with this myself.

"Gentle means tired."

Battle Log / Youtube Channel / (lol am an..) Athlete Page

Level 4 Halfling Monk: STR - 181 | DEX - 12.5 | STA - 4.5 | CON - 6 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 7

Extra large garage to accommodate cars, bikes and a garage gym is a necessity. :) I'm really looking forward to the conversion being done on my shed so I can have my happy place out there (heated gym with a TV and sound system and wifi and all sorts of other lovely things so I can just hibernate out there).

What happened to the bike?

Just general wear and tear.

"Gentle means tired."

Level 4 Halfling Monk: STR - 181 | DEX - 12.5 | STA - 4.5 | CON - 6 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 7

Monday:

Squat: 3 @127.5kg, 3x5 @105kg - had to convince myself that I could go over 122.5kg today.
Bench Press (1st Paused): 3 @83kg, 3x5 @73kg - back in the land of lopsided benching :/
Snatch: 3 @40kg, 3 @43kg, 3x3 @45kg, 2x3 @40kg
Assistance: dumbbell row and overhead lunges.

"Gentle means tired."

At least it wasn't Cyberdildonics-level bicycle destruction. :)

Just a minor inconvenience.  I want to cycle to I'm more at ease with thise move to 52kg, I feel if I'm doing the moving I need to tot lose weight it won't be too bad.

"Gentle means tired."

Thursday:

Paused Squat: 3x3 @112.5kg - people loudly mirin'

Squat: 5x5 @112.5kg
Comp Bench: 70kg, 75kg, 80kg, 82.5kg - no bad for danger benching at the uni gym

Long Pause Bench: 5x5 @60kg
Assistance: bent over row & cable row

Friday:

Debating whtehr or not BJJ is a good idea as I'm road tripping it to Loughborough this evening for BWLs talent spotting thing (Golden Chance, had to throw some political muscle to get a spot as I'm old)

"Gentle means tired."

Last weekend I went on a lovely trip to Loughborough for a BWL talent assesment day.  I learned that I am good at lots of jumping and how to drill key positions on the oly lifts.  Now I am being tortured by the wait to find out if I go any further or juts get denio for being too old and past it.

Sunday:

Deadlift: 4x1 @135kg, 5x3 @120kg

Defecit Deadlift: 3x5 @97.5kg

Shoulder Press: 12 @25kg, 8 @32kg, 5 @36kg, 3 @39kg, 10 @ 26kg

Jerk: 5x3 @45kg - warming up with push presses first and then holding the split like I was told to.

Assistance: renegade row and plank

Monday:

Squat: 3 @130kg - depth was questionable on the 3rd rep, I said out a couple of others said 50/50 (which is basically out at an IPF international)

Squat: 3x5 @

Bench (1st rep Paused): 3 @ 81k, 3x5 @70kg

Snatch: 2x3 @40kg 4x3 @42kg - trying to focus on the triple extension

Assistance: DB Rows & OH Lunges

Tuesday:

Halting Deadlift: 5x5 @90kg

Front Squat (3 count pause): 5x5 @80kg - skipper clean & jerk as my shoulder felt a bit iffy, may have done something to it in Lboro.

Assistance: Lat pull down, inverted row, ab roll out

Thursday:

Paused Squat: 3x3 @115kg

Squat: 2x5 @112.5kg, 3x5 @107.5kg - difficulty keeping my back tight on the gubbed shoulder side

Bench Comp Pause: 1 @82.5kg - stopped here, everything felt ok but I I went heavier and went off line it wouldn't have been worth it

Bench Long Pause: 5x5 @65kg

Assistance: Bent over row and cable row

Here is some shoulder pressing.  I'm really proud of how much more upright it's getting compared to before

"Gentle means tired."

Saturday:

Deadlift: 4x1 @140kg, 5x3 @122.5kg - still don't feel any faster off the floor, just keep getting better acceleration through the later part fo the lift

Deficit Deadlift: 3x5 @97.5kg

Push Press: 5x5 @35kg - dodgy bicep stopping me from pressing

Jerk (with hold): 5x3 @42.5kg

Assistance: snatch drills, renegade rows and panks.

Monday (NF Virtual meet):

Squat: 3 @ 130kg, 3x5 @105kg

Bench (1st rep paused): 2 @83kg (didn't touch the 3rd), 3x5 @72.5kg

Deadlift: 1 @110kg, 1 @120kg, 1 @ 130kg

Gym shut early tonight so I'll move snatching and do extra rows tomorrow.

Some duplication of the vidya

"Gentle means tired."

I'm curious about the general demeanor of other gym goers when a little chick walks in and starts loading the bar. Does everyone already know you so they just expect it, do you get stare and sneers, do bros come over and tell you all they things that they think you're doing wrong?

The gym that I train in now is a strongman gym.  Before I moved there, there was already a few members that knew me, so they didn't bat an eyelid when I started lifting.  Some of the newer guys would stare, but nothing was ever said as they kind of sussed out from the kit that I must know what I'm doing.  I sometimes struggle when I ask for a depth check and I've had to tell the newer guys it's ok to call me on something when it's rubbish.  The gym owner leaves me too it but will happily discuss training issues when I approach him.  I am used as an example of what a technical bench looks like.

When I went back to the uni gym (again a couple of guys and the staff already knew me so they thought this was hilarious) I had guys spotting my warm ups as they thought I didn't know how heavy it was.  I've had comments off some well jell bros about how I don't lift properly, but they're usually just mad I can lift more than them.  I've flat back benched there to prove a point once.

I did have an unfortunate run in at the uni gym where I was called an elitist see you next.... to my face.  The guy said it made me unnatractive.  Same guy also said it's great how I keep my feminine physique while training as an elite athlete a couple of weeks later.  "I am not in the gym to please you, please go."

But Glasgow Strength is great.  Egos get checked at the door and I don't get special treatment.  I'll get the same head nod any one else does when I hit a PR.

• Like 1

"Gentle means tired."

Tuesday:

Snatch: 41kg, 45kg, 48kg, 50kg, 4x4 @42kg - why don't my hips just extend? (still getting better and moving forward though.)

Clean & Jerk: 45kg, 50kg, 55kg, 4x3 @50kg - bicep still in the no territory for heavy over head

Paused Front Squat: 5x5 @75kg

Assistance: inverted row, push up, lat pull down and ab roll out

I'll hold off until next week before I put up numbers for the NF weightlifting and see if my bicep gets safe enough to start getting back over 60kg.  It looks like I may not be doing the Scottish Open as this rate.

Wednesday:
I have missed my first BJJ grading because I was at judo.  I'll miss the next one (and the Legato seminar) because I'll be at GB powerlifting squads.  #sandbagging

Still bossing it during ne waza

"Gentle means tired."

I must have overlooked it, what happened with the bicep? 

When I was at the BWL talent development day I did a pulling power test and hurt my elbow.  I ignored it because it felt better pretty quickly and I was able to lift that day.  It got worse the following week but has started to get better.  It's only affected overhead stuff right now but it is improving.

"Gentle means tired."

Instead of squats and a lovely heavy bench session last night I had a wee visit to A&E.

I was in an accident on my bike and thought it would be better to be safe than sorry.  Thinking the triage nurse would take a look and send me home with a bump and pain killers.  Got told to stay for an x-ray and see the doctor.

Initial consultation showed no tendon or ligament issues but the doctor still sent me an x-ray.  Didn't tell me till after everything came back clear that she suspected I might have fractured my knee cap.  Told that while I'm ok I still need to take it easy for a couple of days as my knee will likely still be a bit weak for a little while.

Thank goodness it's only a nasty looking bump and I can make up training (maybe a bit lighter on the squats) tonight.

"Gentle means tired."

It was more panic over wrecking my knee this close to a major comp where I look in my best condition yet.

Friday:

Paused Squats: 3x3 @117.5kg

Squat: 5x5 @107.5kg - starting to notice bigger gaps developing between my heavy work and volume work

Bench (Comp Pause): 70kg, 80kg, 84kg, 87kg

Bench (Long Pause): 5x5 @66kg

Assistance: bent over row and cable row

"Gentle means tired."

Nice bench! 

How's the knee feeling today?

Bruised and tender but not having a problem handling weight.

Saturday:

Deadlift: 3x1 @142.5kg 1 @135kg, 5x3 @120kg - I dragged my knuckles into my knee a couple of times, that was a bit sore

Deficit Deadlift: 3x5 @95kg

Shoulder Press: 10 @ 25kg, 8 @30kg, 5 @33kg, 3 @35kg, 12 @25kg - bicep is better :)

Jerk: 5x3 @48kg

Assistance: Snatch drills, renegade rows and plank

"Gentle means tired."

Monday:

Squat: 3 @125kg, 3x5 @107.5kg

Bench (First Paused): 3 @82kg, 3x5 @72.5kg

Assistance: dumbbell row and overhead lunge

Felt pretty wrecked on Monday.  Skipped snatches (even if they're relatively light for me) as Derek at GS was noticing that I was suffering from CNS recovery issues and snatching is pretty CNS heavy.

Tuesday (Super Special training day with Super Special Sundae):

Paused Deadlift: 5x5 @95kg

Clean & Jerk: 5x3 @50kg
Paused Front Squat: 5x5 @77.5kg
Assistance: Inverted rows, push ups and p-grip pull ups

Feeling much better if a bit wheezy.  Decided to but the social media blinkers on after all the whinging about "dodgy" reffing at the weekend.  I'm happy to help those that want it but I won't pander to little boys that think their superstars and should get a free pass.  That would be dodgy reffing.

"Gentle means tired."

Thursday:
Paused Squat: 3x3 @120kg

Squat: 5x5 @110kg - unintentionally paused the first couple of squats on my last set, forgot what I was doing
Bench (comp pause): 70kg, 80kg, 85kg - failed 90kg points for trying though

Bench (long pause): 5x5 @67.5kg
Assistant: bent over row and cable row

Tapering starts next week.  This will look fun on squat.

"Gentle means tired."