It was a dark and not exactly stormy night...

So I finally decided to get going with this on the 18th, and created an account on the forum shortly thereafter, but haven't actually introduced myself. My name is Taylor Fox (my middle name is after Fox Mulder, any X-Files fans out there?), and I've slowly been getting bigger through college this year. My weight has been pretty consistent, but I've noticed that clothes fit less comfortably than they used to, and that in the few instances where I've been late to class, I've been exhausted once I finally got there. I finally said to myself, "alright, this needs to change" one day while I was in the shower, and shortly thereafter started looking for ways to become healthy. And I found Nerdfitness. I read a few articles since the name caught my attention, and it just kind of clicked with me that it made sense. So I signed up and here I am.

I just did my second beginner body weight workout. After the first one two nights ago, my thighs felt like they might fall off, and were still sore through today. However, today didn't make me nearly as sore, so that was exciting. I've also been working on introducing healthy habits, and currently I'm off soda as well as most of the really unhealthy foods that are offered at my school cafeteria (they were fairly easy to drop since most of them are tolerable at best to begin with). I'm trying to eat Paleo where I can, but because of the limited options at my school cafeterias, there are a few things that I haven't dropped yet such as milk for calcium and tortillas for wraps filled with most of the meats they have available.

So far the transition hasn't been very tough to follow through with. I got rid of my old snack supply almost right away and replaced it with healthier options, and have felt fuller most of the day, in spite of eating less. I'm liking this a lot so far, and I can't wait to see where it takes me.

Welcome to the rebellion! I understand the college food struggle, that's one of the hardest things when on a meal plan. There's an article somewhere on NF about eating healthy in college, I'll see if I can track it down for you tonight. Good luck with your goals! Are you thinking about joining this challenge?

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

Thanks for the warm welcome :P yeah, I'm hoping that next year will be better since there are more meal plan options as a Sophomore, and I'll have more access to cooking facilities than I currently have, so that should make things a little easier. If you do find that article, I'd love to read it; like I said above, I've started to try my best to improve things given my situation, but I also realize that there are some things that will be difficult for me to accomplish, at least for the time being. I am thinking about joining the challenge, but I want to come up with more concrete goals before I do so, that way I at least have a path to follow, and i want to allow myself a little more time to get familiar with the forums. I've read a dozen or so of the articles trying to absorb some information to put to use, and started putting some of it to practice almost immediately, but I haven't done the same for the forum just yet.

Here's the link to the article I was thinking of: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/10/18/a-college-guide-to-eating-healthy/

Making to many changes at once is hard, so I agree that it's a good idea to pace yourself so that your changes stick and become permanent habits.

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs