Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all!

As a real life roller derby player and aspiring firefighter, I have been seeking out that extra push to advance my fitness to a new level. 

Derby demands such intense levels of strength, endurance, and agility that practice alone does not make for the best player. And as my career interest has taken a turn, I know the physical requirements ahead will be challenging and at times, grueling. That's where I'm hoping this community can help me to challenge and push myself.

Going through a significant life transition, I am looking into a new career, choosing to focus on my mental and physical strength, and trying to do more of what I love. Life is better with friends along the way, and I'm looking forward to meeting you all. 

Stay wild!

-Buck 

• Like 3

Hello! That's pretty awesome you want to be a firefighter. My coach's wife is a firefighter, and she used to skate on my team (before I joined, sadly). Seems like it's a good combination. :)

Who do you skate with? I'm on Tilted Thunder Rail Birds in Seattle.

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

7 hours ago, Elennare said:

Hello! That's pretty awesome you want to be a firefighter. My coach's wife is a firefighter, and she used to skate on my team (before I joined, sadly). Seems like it's a good combination. :)

Who do you skate with? I'm on Tilted Thunder Rail Birds in Seattle.

Thanks! It feels like a natural path for me to follow and I'm excited for the challenge. 

I skate with Assault City Roller Derby in Syracuse, N.Y. Love playing pivot and jammer. 

• Like 2