Forums are back in action! ×

Inspiration: Powerful Beyond Measure

Fogo

http://vimeo.com/33935044

After my little brother signed up for a Spartan Beast race, I decided I really needed to get back into training so I can keep up with the guy. (Can't have my little bro beating me now, can I?) There's no way I'd be ready for the Beast race that's happening locally in June, but there's a smaller Sprint event happening in December which I'm now training for. I love the video these guys put together for the website, and I ended up ripping the audio from it to use in my workout playlist. It takes me about five minutes to walk from my office to the gym, and I listen to this to on the way to help remind me of why I'm about to go over and bust my ass instead of grab a burger and fries with my co-workers.

Just thought I'd share, in the event someone else needs a little inspiration for the day.

I didn't think I needed any motivation, but that's pretty damn awesome. Just goes to show that there's no thing as too much inspiration.

Also, I'm so jealous of wherever you live that you have one of those...

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Cant watch with sound as I'm at work but I was debating on whether to go to the gym tonight but thanks to that video I'm going to get down there and kick some arse!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Guest Snake McClain

every few days i think to myself, 'I'm in pretty good shape.' Then someone like you posts a video like that and ruins my day. Then i feel like crap because I don't even know HOW to train for something like that. No matter my best efforts I feel as if I'm behind somewhere. How would YOU train for this? Weights? running? Don't say crossfit. My situation doesn't allow it.

AMAZING!! If this can't motivate, I don't know what can! There's one near me come August. Might need to look into this and see if I would be able to train in time for it. Loved the Hans Zimmer at the end too.

"I'm gonna show YOU how great I am!!!"

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Is it just me, or did anyone else tear up a little there? I have a little collection of inspirational videos that i watch if I'm feeling like I need a push. This will be added. Thank you.

Level 1 SheHulk Warrior [str: 1]  [Dex : ]  [sta: ]  [Con: ]  [Wis: 1]  [Cha: ] 

Challenge 2: Project Krisptonite

Do ALL the THINGS!

RAWWRRRR!!!!!

That sounds very rangery of you, BigM. :)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Is it just me, or did anyone else tear up a little there?

Re-watched it during lunch with both headphones in, and completely immersed myself in the video. No, you weren't the only one!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Is it just me, or did anyone else tear up a little there? I have a little collection of inspirational videos that i watch if I'm feeling like I need a push. This will be added. Thank you.

Would you share some of the others?

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Guest Tigger

these get me every darn time... (Visa go world 2008)

(cue crying at 0:35)

(and again at 0:17)

maybe not power-lifting motivation, but certainly "never quit" motivation...

Would you share some of the others?

Sure! Happy to.

This one kicks my arse when I'm making excuses.

This one I think everyone has seen before but it's such an incredible story. And yeah, always makes me cry. And the guy is hot.

Let me know what you think, I'm not sure, I might have posted two of the most obvious inspirational videos there are, but they work for me.

Level 1 SheHulk Warrior [str: 1]  [Dex : ]  [sta: ]  [Con: ]  [Wis: 1]  [Cha: ] 

Challenge 2: Project Krisptonite

HAHAHAHA inspiration and a hot guy. Could I ask for anything more? :D

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Guest Snake McClain

I do have a bit of a problem with one of these quotes. "our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure" now i understand what he is trying to say. that the responsibility and pressure of being great is heavy and when we fail the eyes of the world are upon us or whatever. their disappointment is heavy. now here is my issue....

I am the EXACT opposite of that. For me my greatest fear is inadequacy. it is that I am not good enough to succeed and thus never will. I would give anything to be great at something and i'm doing my best now. but that fear of inadequacy is still there for me. So...maybe i am just not understanding this but I don't really care for that quote. discuss.

Archived