Forums are back in action! ×

Tell Someone - A woot.

Grosby

So this is a woot, a big woot for me. It's not about lifting heavier or running faster.. it's a different woot.

I have a friend, well a "friend" we had a falling out aeons ago, but as you do I stalked her on facebook and added her, we barely like or comment on each others things, but we're there.

Today she sent me a message, it reads like this...

I've been thinking of sending you a message for a few days now. Let me say straight up - you do not have to reply. I just need to say this.

With every post, every picture, every Fitocracy achievement, you make me want to be more than I am. Not only with my weight but as a mother and parent.

You truly are an inspiration. I am big. HUGE. I am a size 18 bordering uncomfortably on a 20. I have asked my sisters for help finally - they are both personal trainers.

This all came to be because you inspired me to do so. I've tried every fad diet from the lemon drink fast to optislim to biggest loser. I wanted the quick fix. Your Facebook entries have shown me it will be hard and it will take time but I will get there.

I now use Run Keeper and Fitocracy myself. One of my sisters sent me a diet plan the other sent me a workout plan. I bought a Cardio Twister and an Ab Coaster a year ago, never used them. Now I will. I have a cupboard full of shakes and bars and powders. I even tried bulimia, sad but true.

Now I am doing something about my weight the right and healthy way and I can't sit here and pretend its all me - you had a large part to do with my will to change.

So thank you for being part of my life even though it's only through Facebook. I can not thank you enough for what you have done for me and to me. Thank you for being part here every day and showing me how to be a better person. I love you for that.

This woot is for inspiring change. I was a size 18 (US 14), but struggling to fit into those. I'm now a 14 (US 10) and I've achieved that in 6 months. I've had a few people say I've inspired change in them, but never the outpouring like this.

So this woot is twofold. I want you to read this woot and

1. If you feel comfortable, tell some people (share on facebook) what you've accomplished...

2. Whether you feel comfortable or not, reach out to that person who inspired you and tell them. A message like this has brought me so high, I know I'm going to push it tomorrow at the gym and keep going. It makes me woot! :D

So Woot for changing for the better and inspiring others to do the same!! :D

amen! and congrats on having the courage to reach out. I've had similar things happen via facebook. it our impossible to predict who is watching

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Gah! Who's cutting onions in here?! Sheesh...

I agree...this is the Wootiest woot I've seen. Congratulations on your success and inspiring change in someone else just by doing right by yourself.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Woot!!! (add another person who's a bit sniffly now)

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

congrats

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I replied. I said thank you about a thousand times, and that yes it IS hard work (if I may I've lost 18kg/40lb in the 6 months, and gone from 51% body fat to around 39%.. still a ways to go but getting there) and that she made me cry :P .. and then we chatted a bit more about stuff which was really nice - losing fat and rekindling friendships :D

OMG, seriously that made me teary eyed. How beautiful. You must have either just sobbed your eyes out or beamed with pride. Or both at the same time. That's just awesome... go you and go her!!!

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

Archived