Forums are back in action! ×

Space Shuttle Discovery

WizardTrip

Just have to post, I just saw the Space Shuttle Discovery atop a 747 fly directly over where I work! So cool!!! Sadly, it happened too quickly for me to take a pic, and it was sooooooo low to the ground!

So, this is a pic my friend took from where she works (and the speck below it is apparently the fighter jet flying alongside it). I wish I had been able to take a pic because of how much closer it was to me. Oh well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2651[/ATTACH]

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Here are a few more pics other friends were able to get.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2654[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2652[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2653[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2655[/ATTACH]

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Hahhaa... The only way it will fly for any foreseeable future is piggyback.

We were in Aeronautical design class last year, first day, and during the lecture the professor asked "How does the space shuttle fly?" trying to lead the students to bring up gliding as an important topic of aeronautics. One kid raised his hand in the back and responded "It Doesn't." Hahaha... Our professor had to concede the point but then phrased it past tense and we continued on with the lecture. It was pretty funny though.

Archived