Forums are back in action! ×

NF User Videos

Thrillho

I need to know how to do my makeup!

NED talks is the best thing ever, and yeah - we're working on trying to come up with a cool solution for user uploaded videos in the NF realm. anybody have any suggestions? We're listening :)

Hope all is well guys - cheers!

-Steve

I know you do. What's your drag name again? Stephanie Liftmore? (Jokes. I have them.) AND, are you in ATL yet?

Is Vimeo not suitable for our purposes? I'm pretty happy with it.

NED talks is the best thing ever, and yeah - we're working on trying to come up with a cool solution for user uploaded videos in the NF realm. anybody have any suggestions? We're listening :)

-Steve

It'd take a whole lot of storage space, that's for sure. So you wouldn't want anyone to upload just anything to NF. Maybe you could require a private link to the video they want to submit and review it. If it's good enough, they get permission to upload it to NF.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Well, I'm really liking this idea, I can play the Experimental guinea Pig for those who want to see how an exercise is done, I'm somewhat flexible and can articulate very accurately what parts of my body are stretching, what hurts, what doesn't, where I'm supposed to feel the stretch, and so on. My only problem is that my resources are limited due to the fact that all I have is just a barbell some weights and my garage full of disorganized tools. I can possibly do a "Make-shift gym" sorta theme.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Guest Gemeaux
I have a video that I did for a class project about how to do fancy makeup for a night out. But I doubt anyone here would be interested in that since it has nothing to do with diet or fitness. So.

I would !

I have a video that I did for a class project about how to do fancy makeup for a night out. But I doubt anyone here would be interested in that since it has nothing to do with diet or fitness. So.

It's not just about "diet or fitness." It's about helping others level up in whatever way you can.

-Steve

It'd take a whole lot of storage space, that's for sure. So you wouldn't want anyone to upload just anything to NF. Maybe you could require a private link to the video they want to submit and review it. If it's good enough, they get permission to upload it to NF.

Agree with Phi. These days, videos can take up a lot of space when you consider most video cameras are recording at 720p and 1080p. I would certainly put out some guidelines for size, etc; as it is not too terribly uncommon for a video to reach 1GB in size depending on the source and length. Also, another item to consider will be the bandwidth required to stream and upload the videos. I've seen the NF site go down before, but never knew the cause. Wouldn't want to see video streaming causing more of that. I guess I haven't really helped with a solution or recommendation, just a few more things to consider if the desire is for NF to host the videos rather than another site (vimeo, youtube, etc).

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

. . . and this is the moment at which being an attorney who sometimes addresses intellectual property issues starts to suck.

The NF terms of use provide:

==================================================================

Rights to information published

All materials on this site are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws and are the property of Level Up Enterprises. Unless stated otherwise, you may access and download the materials located on www.nerdfitness.com only for personal, non-commercial use. You may not reproduce this material on your personal website, blog, social network, or any other online resource.

Any and all content (including user and visitor generated content) submitted either via email, comment forms, or any other page hosted at www.nerdfitness.com or its content aggregation systems becomes the property of www.nerdfitness.com. www.nerdfitness.com reserves the right to alter, remove, re-post, re-purpose, market, or trade any such content.

Our Rights to Remove or Reproduce any User-Generated Material

For the purposes of this condition, the term “user-generated material†shall refer to any information, content, or any other media uploaded, posted, emailed, submitted, or otherwise communicated to www.nerdfitness.com via any method at any page on www.nerdfitness.com or any other content communication or submission medium or forum.

By sharing any contribution or user-generated content (including any text, photographs, graphics, video, audio or any other type of media or content) with www.nerdfitness.com you agree to grant us, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way we deem fit (including the modification, reproduction, repurposing, or deletion of it). You hereby confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe upon any laws of the country from which you are utilizing this site, nor the laws of Canada or The United States of America, and that you have the full rights to accept this condition.

(http://nerdfitness.com/blog/about-2/disclaimer/, emphasis added).

======================================================

The YouTube terms of service state:

================================================

6. Your Content and Conduct

As a YouTube account holder you may submit Content to the Service, including videos and user comments. You understand that YouTube does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content you submit.

You shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your Content on the Service. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content you submit; and you license to YouTube all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such Content for publication on the Service pursuant to these Terms of Service.

For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and YouTube's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you in video Content you submit to the Service terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your videos from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that YouTube may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your videos that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in user comments you submit are perpetual and irrevocable.

You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant YouTube all of the license rights granted herein.

(http://www.youtube.com/t/terms, emphasis added).

=====================================================

Speaking personally, if I created a teaching video, I would want to retain ownership of it. I assume, though, that along with the question of how to get stuff uploaded to/hosted by NF, Steve & Spezzy are thinking about the terms of service and what the implications would be if video became part of the content here.

[note: NONE of this is legal advice. Just me being me; annoying as usual, for which I apologize].

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Archived