Forums are back in action! ×

By "run", I just meant "do" - you set up your own challenge for four weeks and tell us about it in the challenge part of the forum, and then other people drop in to cheer you on (or lurk, but also rooting for you). Of course, you can do running as part of your challenge too, if you like. :)

What are you interested in working on, do you think?

That's a good question. How many "things" should I do in a challenge?

I guess I'm interested in exercising, specifically I was reading something about this chick who was also a mom and did 50 pushups every day for a week or so. She also had some other exercises she did every day for a week or so on different weeks. That caught my attention because it wasn't a whole routine, but just one workout, set amount, every day. I'd also like to try out meditation and yoga, I've heard and read these two things can help a lot with anxiety and depression (both of which plague me), as well as just focusing and centering yourself. I'm also less than happy at my current job and have been dabbling in new skills like coding, machine learning (using Python), building a "supercomputer" using raspberry pi nodes, diving deeper into cybersecurity. And really it's somewhat open-ended here, I have quite a few interests.

I suppose the short answer is I am interested in working on a lot of things

1 hour ago, ZeroDay said:

That's a good question. How many "things" should I do in a challenge?...

I tried to keep my very first challenge obtainable. It keeps me motivated that I'm completing my goals and I've already been thinking about what I'll do for my next four weeks. I needed to put something that was challenging but not impossible in such a short time. This is what I put for mine...

Main Goal

I should say "lose all this excess weight" but I'm going to say TRY to lose 15lbs by the end of April for a start. 

Smart Goals

Exercise every single day. (Week two of January and I've managed this since the 3rd. W00t.)

Drink more water. 

Eliminate Caffeine. 

Work up the courage to go for a walk or go to the apartment gym. (Super scary for cowardly me!)

I haven't missed a day of exercise, I'm drinking my water, I'm down to just decaf now, and I walk outside everyday. I'm even thinking about checking out my apartment gym. (Even though I have to wear my street clothes, don't have any exercise gear of any kind.) For my next challenge I'll probably go for "continue to exercise at least 6 days a week", "no sugar Monday-Friday", "cut back on fats", etc. 

Start Weight:  226.5   |   Goal Weight:  180   |   Current Weight:  220

Shy Takes A Second

Walk To Mordor And Back Again 2018

Note to self.. check out Darebee!! Other cool stuff to check out, Zombies! Run!

On 1/29/2018 at 9:38 AM, ZeroDay said:

So something along the lines of this would work? --

1. Do one of the workouts every day (e.g. the 50 pushups a day)
2. Eat better (e.g. cut out sugar 3 days a week)

Yes, those sound like great goals! Like @shy said, it's good to make the goals seem too easy - then they end up just about right. And with any luck, by the end of the challenge, you'll have some new habits to build on that are bringing you closer to where you want to be.

You can also include non-fitness and health goals, if you like. Lots of people have a mix of both fitness and life goals.

We're just at the end of the current challenge, and the new ones will be up soon. I'll keep an eye out for your challenge, if you decide to make one. :)

• Like 1