Forums are back in action! ×

Total Nerd girl in shock moment of the day

IrishPirate

So, today, I had a very big shock.

Someone asked me out on a date.

I kid you not, this is the first ANYONE has ever asked me out on a date. ever. (I just turned 32 for the record).

I am not the girl people ask out. LOL I'm just the nerdy female friend who hangs out with the guys doing sports and playing video games. It doesn't happen to me! The few people I have dated, I've met through mutual friends or school, and there was never a "date" it was sort of a "slipped into it" thing. (Mr Pirate now takes me on dates regularly to make sure I get properly courted! So no worries or complaints there!)

It was such a shock, and I totally blushed. I wasn't quite sure at first what to do! LOL

It was someone new at work, so I really was not expecting it!

And I politely declined saying that I have Mr Pirate but thank you for asking me out.

He tried to be cool and came around my desk to see the pics I have up of me and Mr. Pirate (which Im not sure how he didn't notice them before). He said that he needed to see him and approve so he could make sure that he's good enough. (again, totally sweet).

Wow! I am completely flattered, and even more so because I think I look like a slob today!

but I was just not (ever) expecting that!

~It's when Pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.~My Fitness Pal TrackerMy 6 Week Challenge Page- Scout

Awwwww that's awesome! :D

So am I. :D

Yup. Same here!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Guest Snake McClain
I wholeheartedly approve of this story. If even gives hope to us 30s-ish dateless geek guys!

:)

Truth.

Seriously that is really cool and flattering. :D

It's always cool when stuff like this happens.

Gotta give it another woot! Congratulations girl. It is a spectacular thing when you get asked out for the first time, even if you cannot answer positively.

What did Mr. Pirate have to say?

Wow! I am completely flattered, and even more so because I think I look like a slob today!

Most men will agree with me, when a girl thinks she looks like a slob, that is when we think she looks best.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Amazing! Congrats! That would floor me as well. But all this hard work you're doing is being seen by the world! Go ahead and flaunt it and be proud! :excitement:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 - DEX 2 - STA 2 - CON 3 - WIS 3 - CHA 3

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. - General George S. Patton

HAHAHA thanks everyone! And as with any body changes from working out, I find that others see it before I do. Maybe this was the case?

Chipmunk- I told Mr Pirate, and the reaction was what I expected.. he laughed and said "See, I told you you're hot and everyone likes you!"

and I guess the days we feel that way, its probably that more of "us" shows through.

LOL Progress, "these are a few of my favorite things!" :emmersed:

~It's when Pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.~My Fitness Pal TrackerMy 6 Week Challenge Page- Scout

I bet the guy thought for a long time about approaching you and had such tunnel vision he failed to notice your pics.

That is very likely the case. I cannot deny that I have done it before... multiple times.

But him thinking about it for so long just makes it all the more of a compliment. Maybe you just looked so beautiful today that he had to get the "what if"s out of his head and actually try for it.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Archived