Forums are back in action! ×

Workout Music

Vickyloo

I'm guessing there has been lots of threads on this but hey ho.

I'm struggling to come up with a workout playlist. So, I'm asking you to give me a little help in hand.

If you had to choose just one ultimate workout song, what would it be (and why)?

:D

Vickyloo
Wood elf / Druid
STR: 5 DEX: 4 STA: 6.5 CON: 6.25 WIS: 9.5 CHA: 6
"Each morning we are born again.  What we do today is what matters most" Buddha
Vickyloo: Getting Back in the Game

It depends on what I'm doing.

If it is more relaxing exercise like walking, I love listening to post-rock music such as Sigur Ros and Whitley. My favorite is Whitley's White Feathers, Strange Lights.

If it is more intense exercise, I mainly listen to swing revival music. My favorite would be Sockable Face Club by the Cherry Poppin' Daddies.

Sorry I couldn't only pick one.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Like leadchipmunk I tend to tweak the song selection according to the workout. Sure there is lots of overlapping tracks, but not all running music is lifting music and vice versa. That said, I like my workout music in general to be of the loud stompy angry heavy metal with extra double bass drums-variety, so anyone reading this can hereby pretty much expect what will happen when I post a link at the end of this post.

However, it is fun to discuss the details of workout music as it does not only have to apply to what kind of genres the listener prefers, but also the kind of mentality he or she has going into a specific workout. Some want their music to help them zone out and just focus on the task at hand, others might want the music to be that invisible buddy that is cheering them along, or making them feel that they are in a cinematic montage of Rocky-proportions. I am the type that use my playlist to make me imagine I am something akin to a cybernetically enhanced Tyrannosaurus on a angry rampage (anything to get those PRs people!).

But to return to the main question(s). My ultimate workout song would probably be Fear Factory - Powershifter as it combines the traits of balls to the wall-aggression, a sing along-chorus, and the general positive message of changing one's life for the better.

-

Battle Log - Fitocracy - Twitter -

Anti-villain extraordinaire

Strange, but I really love musicals. I find that I get caught up thinking about the scene that the song was from, I start singing along, and then the run/row/whatever has ended. It's a win for me.

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

Weights, cardio, etc. I like Trouble by Pink and honestly a lot of old school metal - Led Zepplin, Metallica, etc. I even really like Bon Jovi. YES, I'm old.

But for biking - don't ask me why - I love Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Okay, old person going back to listen to oldies station now and gripe about kids and the music they listen to these days.....

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Stevie Ray goes good with everything

Right? I don't know exactly why but when I'm doing long endurance cardio or HIIT I loves me my Stevie.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I like heavy techno, I just don't have enough to workout to with it getting repetitive (here come the anti-techno people with the all techno is is repetition argument). I've got tons of post-rock and swing revival, so that's what my focus is right now.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Strange, but I really love musicals. I find that I get caught up thinking about the scene that the song was from, I start singing along, and then the run/row/whatever has ended. It's a win for me.

Not strange at all - I do this too. I like, especially on the long runs, to listen to something with continuity. I've been listening to American Idiot a lot lately, since it's a musical, but also up-tempo rocky music (mostly).

"The Final Fight" music from the last episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Here:

Makes absolutely anything you're doing feel EPIC. It's a permanent fixture on my skating playlist and one day I will be able to do a routine that can genuinely live up to it.

"she interpreted falling down not merely as a means of improving, but as evidence that she was improving." - Matthew Syed on Shizuka Arakawa.Frost elf assassin after 4 challenges: STR: 11 | DEX: 12 | STA: 7.5 | CON 5 | WIS 7.5 | CHA: 5.5My Fitocracy profile"

"The Final Fight" music from the last episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Here:

Makes absolutely anything you're doing feel EPIC. It's a permanent fixture on my skating playlist and one day I will be able to do a routine that can genuinely live up to it.

This is the best thing I've heard all day. Win.

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

Archived