Forums are back in action! ×

How to rebuild a Wolverine

1 hour ago, Lara said:

And I foresee more difficulties on this since my boyfriend has decided it is a good moment to improve his cadielles.

What are these? I tried to google but I am non the wiser. 

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

48 minutes ago, deftona said:

What are these? I tried to google but I am non the wiser. 

The Casadiella is a typical dessert from Asturias. It consists of a puff pastry, flavored with Anis del Mono (Anisette), and filled with toasted hazelnuts and/or walnuts and sugar. They ingredients are mixed and fried together. The final shape is a tube approximately ten centimeters long with ends that are closed with a fork.

1664190201_casadielles6.JPG.42a1de1294fc5c094ffcb678b4d13215.JPG

We do them in the oven instead of frying them, but that's more or less that.

I'm sorry, you couldn't find them because I spelled it wrong ?

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, deftona said:

Oh wow those look fab!

My boyfriend's grandma used to prepare them for christmas and they were a-ma-zing. However, those made by my boyfriend (or his mother, aunt, etc.) doesn't taste as good. I guess it's a matter of time and practice.

25 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

They look so delicious and then I read about the anise and my dreams get crushed.

You don't really notice the taste of it at all, if they're properly done. It's just to make the mix a bit less dry, I think. This morning my boyfriend made me try the filling and I could feel the anise so he had to readjust. My guess is you would love them. I don't like anise and I enjoy them very much.

29 minutes ago, Lara said:

You don't really notice the taste of it at all, if they're properly done. It's just to make the mix a bit less dry, I think. This morning my boyfriend made me try the filling and I could feel the anise so he had to readjust. My guess is you would love them. I don't like anise and I enjoy them very much.

I don't think you understand the depth of my hatred of anything anisy or liquoricy. ? If it's there I'll taste it.

On 1/16/2021 at 8:15 AM, Lara said:

Today was a good day. I slept almost 6 hours and that allowed me to be a normal person and do things normal people do (those of you fed up with baby sleep patterns, feel free to skip the spoiler part).

Reveal hidden contents

Yesterday evening we decided to let her spend the first part of the night with dad in the carrier (a thing we do when I'm way past my limit), that way I can go to bed on my own and sleep for more than three hours in a row. 

Now, I understand how being carried can help her sleep for so long without wake ups compared to laying in bed.

What puzzles me is how it also changes her pattern for the rest of the night, because after three hours she will nurse and immediately go to sleep in bed for another two or three hours, nurse again and sleep another good hour before messy sleep starts. Why?  

That shit is weird right? My first was the same.. I’m sorry to say I never figured it out... well.. my theory is that she often had an upset stomach and being carried calmed it down a bit allowing for the longer stretch of sleep after? I think she wanted to nurse so often in an effort to soothe herself/her stomach. But in the end, who knows. 

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

53 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I don't think you understand the depth of my hatred of anything anisy or liquoricy. ? If it's there I'll taste it.

I remember what you said about liquorice being everywhere over there ?

But I still have to insist. If you ever have the opportunity to try home-made casadielles, try them.

8 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

That shit is weird right? My first was the same.. I’m sorry to say I never figured it out... well.. my theory is that she often had an upset stomach and being carried calmed it down a bit allowing for the longer stretch of sleep after? I think she wanted to nurse so often in an effort to soothe herself/her stomach. But in the end, who knows. 

I suspect something similar, although she has never had colic.

Or beginning the night with a longer sleep may help set brain and body for a better pattern?

Just now, Lara said:

I suspect something similar, although she has never had colic.

Or beginning the night with a longer sleep may help set brain and body for a better pattern?

Maybe? Emma never had colic either, never even gave back milk. But she did poop very infrequently. We later figured she was allergic to cows milk, because when I stopped having that she seemed better overall. 
now with my second I’ve never had any cows milk and this baby is so much more content and sleeps better- but we’ll never know if it’s really because of that, 

• Like 1

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

4 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Maybe? Emma never had colic either, never even gave back milk. But she did poop very infrequently. We later figured she was allergic to cows milk, because when I stopped having that she seemed better overall. 
now with my second I’ve never had any cows milk and this baby is so much more content and sleeps better- but we’ll never know if it’s really because of that, 

So it could be something I eat? I don't eat dairy, but I wouldn't mind to take a closer look to that possibility. I'll try to remember what I've eaten on bad strikes.

But, now that I think of it, all this last month it could also be something she eats, right? ... Ouff

1 minute ago, Lara said:

So it could be something I eat? I don't eat dairy, but I wouldn't mind to take a closer look to that possibility. I'll try to remember what I've eaten on bad strikes.

Oh don’t go crazy, not many proteins even get into your milk so maybe only check for the most common allergies? Soy, eggs, milk, basically. Not sure about wheat.

5 minutes ago, Lara said:

Oh no, please, anything but the eggs ?

Maybe a three-four day elimination check? I mean.. if you had to choose between sleep and eggs it’d be a real easy choice. Alternatively if you see no signs in wolvie that she has gastro intestinal problems or rashes or things like that then maybe just ignore my out loud reminiscing. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Maybe a three-four day elimination check? I mean.. if you had to choose between sleep and eggs it’d be a real easy choice. Alternatively if you see no signs in wolvie that she has gastro intestinal problems or rashes or things like that then maybe just ignore my out loud reminiscing. 

Yes, I like sleep more than eggs, but it would be a sad life...

I'll check main allergens. Thanks for the idea!

13 hours ago, Lara said:

The Casadiella is a typical dessert from Asturias. It consists of a puff pastry, flavored with Anis del Mono (Anisette), and filled with toasted hazelnuts and/or walnuts and sugar. They ingredients are mixed and fried together. The final shape is a tube approximately ten centimeters long with ends that are closed with a fork.

1664190201_casadielles6.JPG.42a1de1294fc5c094ffcb678b4d13215.JPG

We do them in the oven instead of frying them, but that's more or less that.

I'm sorry, you couldn't find them because I spelled it wrong ?

These look bloody delicious i would love to try them.  Maybe I can find a recipe, I'm sure they'd be great for weight loss!!

• Haha 2

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Woke up ready to get back into paleo, not only because of last night conversation, but because I've been thinking for a while it's time to get back on the wagon, and as soon as I entered the living room reality slapped me in the face in the shape of a plate of casadielles nonchalantly forgotten there last night by my boyfriend.

homer simpson no GIF

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1