Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone! I'm Hannah, I'm in my early 30s and have been enjoying the huge amount of easily-understandable fitness info here so much that I thought it would be nice to join the community too!

Brief intro: My fitness and weight has been up and down quite a few times over the last 10 years; I've always found it difficult to stay consistent with it. I got pretty good at running a few times but I always end up losing interest after a few months ?. So I'm trying to turn that around! I've started swimming again (one of the few activities that I've always loved from childhood) and also found some regular classes at the gym that I really enjoy. I've even started venturing into the weights section at the gym, which is something I had NEVER done until a month ago. So I'm hoping that this amount of variety is enough to keep my impatient brain interested, and give me something more interesting to focus on than that number on the scale.  It would be great to chat here to others and share tips on what works and is fun.

Outside of that I enjoy being outside in nature, good coffee, painting, falling down wikipedia rabbit-holes, and playing sim-type games for more hours than is probably recommended. 

• Like 5

Welcome Hannah! There's a few of us early-30s types here - you'll be in good company! I think you'll find tons of good info about different kinds of workouts - I'm honestly always impressed by the range of activities people here do! And tons of info about weights, if you're starting to creep into that area (it can be addictive!).

If you're looking for a good way to stay accountable, check out the 5-week challenge forums. We just started a new one this week, so you're right on time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: Mindful Magic

8 hours ago, athousandwords said:

Welcome Hannah! There's a few of us early-30s types here - you'll be in good company! I think you'll find tons of good info about different kinds of workouts - I'm honestly always impressed by the range of activities people here do! And tons of info about weights, if you're starting to creep into that area (it can be addictive!).

If you're looking for a good way to stay accountable, check out the 5-week challenge forums. We just started a new one this week, so you're right on time!

Thank you! I’ll check out the 5-week challenge threads and try to think of some goals. I appreciate the tip!

• Like 1
On 10/26/2021 at 2:37 PM, Hannnah said:

Hello everyone! I'm Hannah, I'm in my early 30s and have been enjoying the huge amount of easily-understandable fitness info here so much that I thought it would be nice to join the community too!

Welcome, Hannah! It's great that you found nerdfitness! I hope you enjoy the community and find some inspiration for your fitness journey!

• Thanks 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

On 10/26/2021 at 8:37 AM, Hannnah said:

Brief intro: My fitness and weight has been up and down quite a few times over the last 10 years; I've always found it difficult to stay consistent with it. I got pretty good at running a few times but I always end up losing interest after a few months ?. So I'm trying to turn that around! I've started swimming again (one of the few activities that I've always loved from childhood) and also found some regular classes at the gym that I really enjoy. I've even started venturing into the weights section at the gym, which is something I had NEVER done until a month ago. So I'm hoping that this amount of variety is enough to keep my impatient brain interested, and give me something more interesting to focus on than that number on the scale.  It would be great to chat here to others and share tips on what works and is fun.

Outside of that I enjoy being outside in nature, good coffee, painting, falling down wikipedia rabbit-holes, and playing sim-type games for more hours than is probably recommended. 

? Cheers Hannah! I feel like I am in a similar spot in my life. Can't swim though ?

What kind of Wikipedia rabbit-holes are we talking? :)

I tend to do that with movies. Of course once you learn about about something like Columbo you just can't stop there. You have to click on the lead actor's name and learn about him then his wife and see what she did and etc. and so on. lol.