Forums are back in action! ×

Building a level system

For those of you who use a points/level system: how did you go about making it, and is there anything you've done before with it that you didn't like? TIA

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

Books in Progress: Just as I am (20%), An Echo in the Darkness (14%)

Inktober52 | 2024 Books completed: Unbroken

Spoiler

Roadmaps: 2024,2023 | Previous Challenges: 20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

I do a Level and 6 Ability Scores a la D&D. I explain how each Ability Score correlates to various qualities in my profile, and when I make 5-Week Challenges, a Challenge will typically correlate to an Ability Score. If I succeed on that Challenge, that Ability Score goes up. If I feel that it's a significant milestone achievement, it will result in a Level Up instead of an Ability Score Increase.

Ability Scores

About my Stat Spread:

Strength: Pure Strength. Improved by Strength Training. Powerlifting, Strongman, Olympic Weightlifting, etc.

Dexterity: Flexibility, Mobility and Core Strength. Improved by Mobility Work, Yoga, Core Work, etc. 

Constitution: Cycling Endurance. Improved by putting in miles, cycling-specific training, etc.

Intelligence: Software Skills, as Software Engineering is my chosen profession. Improved by learning working on languages, studying algorithms, etc.

Wisdom: Mindfulness, Presence, and Good-Decision Making regarding Diet and Sleep. Improved by Meditation, Journaling, and Planning.

Charisma: Creative Endeavors, currently applicable to my Homebrew D&D Campaign. Improved by working on said Creative Endeavors.

And here are links to my last 2 Challenges that might give good exmaples:

• Thanks 1

Conquius, Level 5 Cavalier

STR: 10.5  | DEX: 8  | CON: 12  | INT: 13  | WIS: 9  | CHA: 10.5

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."