Forums are back in action! ×

Most emotional games?

Ghost

Ghost here,

Back in the good ol' days of PS2 I was just discovering the wonders of video games.

One of the first games I got was Kingdom Hearts. Being ten at the time basic little puzzles

were some of the toughest mathematical equations.

But it was an amazing game, combining the world of Final Fantasy, with Disney.

Who couldn't love a mix like that?

But the best part of the game was its emotional impact, from the soundtrack to the

strong bond of friendship that formed the game.

What emotions did they stir, for me in KH it was sadness.

First time I ever cried from a fictional occurence.

So are there any KH fans out there?

Or what other emotional games have we experienced?

The conclusion to Mordin's storyline in Mass Effect 3 (assuming you picked a certain path) was probably the most successful emotional moment I've ever seen in a game - I was honestly blown away by how moving that was.

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

First one to get me was a not-well-known game for the PS called Threads of Fate. Awesome game, but chock-full of onions if you play as the guy.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Shadow of the colossus and ico, those are crazy sad games

Was just about to post SotC! Such an emotional game! The back story, the loneliness, the feeling each time you slay one of the giant Colossi!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Greatest love story ever told 250px-Companion_Cube_p2.png.

Planescape torment as well but that's just because of the sheer quality of the writing. I still play it occasionally. All sorts of emotions in the first play through of that one.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Red Dead Redemption certainly had its moments. That one point where you cross the border and this song plays is just mind blowing.

Just an all round incredible game. I'm just waiting for the day when the amnesia hits me and I can play it from start to finish again.

Portal 2 felt oddly emotional at the end, but perhaps that's just because it felt like it really shouldn't be.

Ghost here,

Back in the good ol' days of PS2 I was just discovering the wonders of video games.

One of the first games I got was Kingdom Hearts. Being ten at the time basic little puzzles

But the best part of the game was its emotional impact, from the soundtrack to the

I absolutely loved KH for PS2. They are coming out with a new KH for 3DS unfortunately I don't have one of those... may have to get one just for that. I wish they would make a new one for 360 that would be amazing!

Check out my weight-loss blog

http://www.fitterbritter.wordpress.com

Guest Tigger
Bioshock and FFX

OMG yes. I still cry like a small child when I get to the end of FFX :'(

[starts hooking up a dusty PS2 and cleaning the disc...]

Ghost here,

I saw the title of this thread and I immediately thought "Kingdom Hearts. I bet no one here will say Kingdom Hearts and I will be all unique."

Way to prove me wrong. I fucking BAWL every time I play KH2. It's just so beautiful. So. Beautiful.

Archived