Forums are back in action! ×

I Will Not Let Kim Kardashian Ruin My Life!!!!!!

I've been really depressed lately, and I'm finally coming out of it, so that's AWESOME. I had to share what helped me, because I think it's just hilarious.

I read that Winston Churchill named his depression 'the black dog.' I decided that I would name my depression "Kim Kardashian" because then I can tell myself all kinds of hilariously absurd things- such as:

Kim Kardashian is really pissing me off.

Eating all these cookies will not make Kim Kardashian go away.

Kim Kardashian is a total bitch.

and my favorite-

Staying in bed with Kim Kardashian all day is a really, really bad idea. (This one actually did get me out of bed after I had resolved to spend the entire day in bed.)

When I have to pull out the big guns, I'll call it Charlie Sheen:

Charlie Sheen makes me weep for humanity.

Charlie Sheen makes me want to hurt myself!

I realize this is totally effed up, but so is mental illness. I'm learning I have to fight that weirdness with even more weirdness, and a maintaining my sometimes-warped sense of humor is the biggest weapon I have.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

I think this is awesome. Sometimes, it just needs a name, then you can fight with it! I wish I had thought of this, before I spent almost a year, not getting out of bed.

1 Rep Max Deadlift-180lbs

1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk-90lbs

1 Rep Max Push Press-70lbs

1 Rep Max Back Squat-135lbs

1 Rep Strict Press-65lbs

Fitocracy

2 weeks till Hawaii

This is such a great idea. Dealing with emotional/ mental troubles is one of the hardest things in life to deal with [in my opinion.] I think naming the issue is a step in the right direction. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Skinny girls look good in clothes. Fit girls look good naked."

[>.<]

You are a genius! I never would have thought of giving it a name, but that just gives you all the more motivation to defeat it.

I definitely would not like to spend all day in bed with Kim Kardashian.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Thanks everyone.

Kim Kardashian will never leave me alone completely, but sometimes she'll become less annoying and in-my-face. And unfortunately, she is very much a part of me. Kim Kardashian is inseparable from who "I" am. But, that's ok, because Kim Kardashian has made me who I am, and I like me...

Eww, ok, now that's just gross, haha :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Love this! As someone who struggles with depression myself, I'm going to keep an eye out on ths blog- if only to pick up any tips I can or to offer a shoulder if needs be!

and my favorite-

Staying in bed with Kim Kardashian all day is a really, really bad idea. (This one actually did get me out of bed after I had resolved to spend the entire day in bed.)

BTW I would NEVER call my depression KK, simply because of the above ;)

Brilliant! May I share it with a good friend whose meds have just stopped working? (she is in the process of switching meds, but the new one is giving her debilitating heartburn, so it's slow going). She could use a smile -- or at least a little bit of a new perspective.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

LOVED this idea!! :D You go girl! Kick KimK's ass!!

I have one more strategy - play 'as if'. Or role playing. Or whatever you want to call it. For example, I had to read something for work, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it, so I pretended to be a news anchor and sat up straight, looked right at the screen, put on a serious face, and went on reading. Hands clasped, shoulders straight, gaze high. Finished it in half an hour. :)

It's called 'fake it till you make it', and I like to make the faking fun. :D

Human Adventurer
First completed challenge| my paleo experience
Never underestimate the power of Momentum.
Believe in action. Not in the consequence of it.

Omg i love this! I'm on meds to control my violent mood swings. I would literally swing from laughing at nothing in particular to crying for humanity in a 2 minute window. These days, mostly i'm "normal" but still have my down days where i just want to cry and stay in bed.

I'm gonna call mine Gary Busey; dude is somewhat of a legend, but the thought of being wrapped in the arms of Gary Busey... Helluva motivation right there!

Thanks for the trick!

Level 2 Adventurer ║ STR: 1 ║ DEX: 1 ║ STA: 2.25 ║ CON: 3.75 ║ WIS: 8 ║ CHA: 6.25

Current quest - round 2, again!

Bucket listFacebookPinterest

Sending you tremendously HUGE hugs...I just want to note something though honey that may make things just a tiny bit better. YOU are you, made up of wonderful energy and love-you are NOT your experiences, YOU are not your illness, you are you EXPERIENCING BEING....experiencing illness. It took me a long time to realize this related to my debility and that is exactly what I needed to free myself. YOU are YOU...end of story--you can define yourself by your experiences, allergies, body type, race, illness or you can simply BE and know you are experiencing those things--it gives you distance and with distance you gain perspective and with perspective you can gain patience with yourself and also grow the self love...

more hugs!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

Archived