Forums are back in action! ×

Don't judge me by my screen name

I know, I know, Shenmue WTF? I was super excited about that game, being a die-hard Dreamcaster so obviously I had to display that to the interwebs. That was the first screen name I ever created back when AIM was the shit and I'm the kind of person that likes to keep my login info the same across all my digital playgrounds. I'm 25 years old. I've been married for 2 years. Straight out of high school I joined the Marine Corps as a Combat Engineer. I did that for 6 years, got one deployment under my belt and now I'm working on a degree in Entrepreneurship from the University of Alabama. About 3 years ago I got real serious about lifting and started doing research and figuring out how to do it properly. I started out at 6'1" 180 and after a lot of trial and error and I'm now at 210 and double the weight I lift in almost every exercise. I was really impressed with how well researched and logical the approach here at NF is and I think I've finally ended my days of googling workout advice and wasting time sifting though the forums full of supplement crackheads with garbage advice. Finally, a group of intelligent folks with a similar goal in mind.

Nerd cred time. I love all things gaming. Big fan of RPG's traditional and modern, Limbo and other minimalist games have been growing on me recently too. Love RTS's in the vein of Dawn of War and Starcraft rather than Total War. Finally took a sabbatical from Skyrim after logging 189 hours and finding every single location on the map. Currently adjusting to Diablo III's redesigned approach to looting, like it so far for the most part. Aside from that I have a huge backlog on Steam (damn sales get me every time). I've currently got a project underway to build my own MAME arcade cabinet, about halfway done with that. Just recently got into home-brewing. I'd say my favorite thing to spend my time on though is PC building. Love everything about it from researching new components to comparing benchmarks. I take that back I hate it when you finish a build and the BIOS won't post because one of your sticks of RAM is about a 1/2 micrometer shy of being fully seated.

Anyway that's me hope to meet some pretty cool people here and continue evolving my fitness and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Oh yeah I love guns too.

Haha, yeah it was pretty good. I actually went back and played it recently, my recommendation to you is to stick with your good memories.

I'm guessing the operative word is "was"? Haha. I couldn't get into Shenmue 2, but the original was fun. Too bad my Dreamcast broke a while back or I'd play it again. Well, I'd go for Skies of Arcadia first. That one is still in my top 5 RPGs.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Archived