Forums are back in action! ×

Sterre tries again

Welcome to my third battle log. My first and second logs are around, but they are a bit dated and honestly it's a little depressing to read some of the goals since I was apparently super optimistic on a time. Maybe I will get back to feeling that way at some point and maybe I'll start a new battle log that's a bit more upbeat when I do. I do think my overarching goal is more or less the same at least.

Goal: Begin and maintain good habits to help me live a long and happy life.

You know, nothing too ambitious. :P

I'll at least start with my short-term goals. These will cover the next month or so.

Short-term goals:

1. Take my stupid iron pills until the doctor says to stop. I have a blood test in six weeks so hopefully everything is back to normal by then because I really would rather not have to go with injections.

2. Get back to doing yoga. I had a really good streak going in June then in July it was just *crash* so I should do that again.

3. Start my own bedtime routine. Instead of just passing out after the small one is asleep, I'd like to unwind a bit and actually prepare for bed. I think it will also help if I...

4. Stay off the phone at night. Lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night and not getting back to sleep so then I play on my phone a bit and obviously that encourages me to stay up longer. I'd like to stop doing that. So instead of going on my phone, I'll read a book or meditate or something that doesn't involve looking at a screen.

4. Finish reading a book for adults. I read about 5 baby books a day so it can't just be "a book", but like a book for grownups. In principle a young adult book would also work here, but you know, a book written for someone over the age of 10 at least. I'm currently started on Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert (the second book in the Dune series) and Les Trous Mousquetaires (The Three Musketeers) par Alexandre Dumas.

5. Draw at least something. It doesn't have to be good or a lot, but it's been a while.

6. Be able to do at least 10 laps in the pool without taking a break. It's not a big pool, but I've been so out of practice swimming (and also probably the iron deficiency wasn't helping when I was doing this earlier).

7. Dance with some poi. I had actually been doing a lot of poi for a while, then the pandemic happened and I moved to a place where there wasn't a good spot to do it and so on. Now I honestly just have to worry about making sure my toddler is off safely being watched by another person so he doesn't get hit, but that seems like a small barrier right now. Even if I just do it once, I should do it.

8. Keep up my Duolingo streak!

9. Check in regularly. Ideally daily, but I'll go with twice a week as a goal for now.

I'll also start thinking about things I want to do more in the fall.

Medium-term goals:

1. Start running again. It's too hot to do it now, but in the fall when it cools down I'd like to start up the couch to 5k.

2. ???

Obviously my goals need work. I'll see how the short term ones go.

Level 9 Amazon Druid
STR : 17 | DEX : 23 | STA : 22 | CON : 23 | WIS : 21 | CHA : 15
Challenges: 10, 9, 8, 7.1, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.1, 3, 2, 1
Battle Log

Check in time. Obviously, not everything on my list is something I plan on doing every day (which, tbh, is probably easier) so I'll just make notes on the things I did work on.

1. Take my stupid iron pills: I've been doing that. I had to quit doing intermittent fasting because I'm supposed to take three pills a day and I need to take them with meals, so I'm back to having breakfast.

2. Get back to doing yoga: I did it yesterday and hopefully I'll fit some in today as well.

4. Stay off the phone at night: I haven't woken up in the middle of the night, so I haven't been on the phone in the middle of the night. I did end up on my phone until late last night, but the night before I did stay off it.

4. Finish reading a book for adults: I did some reading yesterday and the day before... so progress!

8. Keep up my Duolingo streak: still going. I've been lazy and studying French instead of Spanish (my French is much better, I'm using Duolingo to increase my vocabulary and brush up, but with Spanish I have to think about it more)

9. Check in regularly: checking in!

Level 9 Amazon Druid
STR : 17 | DEX : 23 | STA : 22 | CON : 23 | WIS : 21 | CHA : 15
Challenges: 10, 9, 8, 7.1, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.1, 3, 2, 1
Battle Log