Forums are back in action! ×

Introversion/Extroversion: How do YOU recharge?

Hrunter

I'm really introverted too. I have been known to go to the bathroom during parties and just close the lid of the loo and sit there for a few minutes while I recharge a little. Even as a little kid, sleepovers were something I couldn't wait to get home from and hang out alone!

Too many days of being social leaves me completely over the human race :D I swear, even reading too many message boards online is sometimes too much social interaction for me. I'm living alone for the first time in my life, and I LOVE it!

This spoke to me SO MUCH!! I used to do the same, as a child. I would have fun with friends for sleepovers, but I just couldn't wait to get back home. I would sometimes get physically nauseated!

I am moving out to live on my own soon, (currently live with roommates) and couldn't be more encouraged by your message!! :D

Human Adventurer
First completed challenge| my paleo experience
Never underestimate the power of Momentum.
Believe in action. Not in the consequence of it.

I find it quite strange - I crave human interaction, but I tire of it quickly.

I've never really looked at it as "recharging", but I've always found reading to be energizing. I've never understood people who talk about reading to prepare themselves to go to sleep.

This. I have a strong desire to be around people but as soon as I get done being with people for the better part of a day, I'm done. I go home, get on my computer and dominate some poor fools on whichever game I'm currently binging on.

I'm an INTP - really strong score on the Introvert.

Have been living in a college dorm for a few years now, and my roommate has gotten used to me getting back to the room on Fridays and spending the entire night on my bed with a book or my computer. Our friends call it my "antisocial" time :D

Living at home last summer (when I didn't have a job), I became nocturnal because I couldn't deal with my extroverted family buzzing around all the time.

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Introverted but enjoy talking (sometimes) can't imagine going to the gym with someone. Naturally marriedto an extrovert for the last 31years. We adapt

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I'm an introvert. I really like persons, but I can't stand people.

I find it quite strange - I crave human interaction, but I tire of it quickly.

I've never really looked at it as "recharging", but I've always found reading to be energizing. I've never understood people who talk about reading to prepare themselves to go to sleep.

It seems to me that this should be an extroverted thing, but I also really enjoy people-watching. I live near a park & I can just sit there and watch the passersby for hours. It's only when there's too many attractive women there that I have any trouble, and that's only because of whiplash.

I LOVE people watching. I don't consider it an extrovert thing at all. While I'm watching people, I have no desire to interact with them, and if someone notices me it sort of ruins it. I'm in my head the entire time, usually playing out their entire imaginary life story, or trying to pick out telling mannerisms or features.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

I LOVE people watching. I don't consider it an extrovert thing at all. While I'm watching people, I have no desire to interact with them, and if someone notices me it sort of ruins it. I'm in my head the entire time, usually playing out their entire imaginary life story, or trying to pick out telling mannerisms or features.

Same here. I always thought of people watching as an introverted thing. I try to find a corner somewhere away from the crowd and people watch.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2003/03/caring-for-your-introvert/2696/

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/201008/revenge-the-introvert

http://www.carlkingdom.com/10-myths-about-introverts

These are some articles I enjoyed regarding introversion. There are some points here and there that I don't relate to necessarily but, hey.. we can't all fit 100% of the time, right? :)

So yeah. I'm very much an introvert. I take a walk daily during lunch to recharge. If I don't have a day each week to myself I have less energy and am super crabby. I wouldn't say I read energy or anything like that but when I walk into a room or meet people I can generally tell if someone in there is a sh*thead. I have a pretty decent d-bag radar. Fake, conniving, untrustworthy, etc... I'll sniff you out in a second. Meeting people like that is particularly exhausting for me.

So.. the OP asked about recharging: Time to myself, as I said. My walks, cooking (batch cooking is easy when it's relaxing), reading, watching ridiculous movies... basically anything that involves me being alone.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Here's one; Any introverts find that the TV being on (depending on the show) interfere with that recharging?

Yes! I'm INFJ and spend a lot of time in my own head. I'll happily spend a whole day reading in the quiet. Sometimes i cant stand any noise, especially the tv too loud as the sounds feel like they're invading me! Usually after a particularly intense week at work.

On the flip side, I know an ENTP who will unwind by going out every night to catch up with friends and chat... She says that recharges her. I couldnt think of anything worse! When i'm over something i just switch off, and its best for me to leave.

Level 2 Adventurer ║ STR: 1 ║ DEX: 1 ║ STA: 2.25 ║ CON: 3.75 ║ WIS: 8 ║ CHA: 6.25

Current quest - round 2, again!

Bucket listFacebookPinterest

Hardcore extrovert here as well (don't look now folks, but I think we're outnumbered). Oddly enough, my girlfriend is completely introverted, and she has to work herself up to going to a social event, while I am ready to go hang out at the drop of a hat. It took some adjustment for us to get used to the other's behaviors but I think we ended up being able to adjust to each other, so from time to time I'll go out and hang with the fellas while she enjoys some alone time. Everyone wins!

Hehe, i'm like your friend. In fact i will easily talk myself out of going to a social event altogether. Thats why i love my extrovert friends, I get a lot of confidence from them :)

Level 2 Adventurer ║ STR: 1 ║ DEX: 1 ║ STA: 2.25 ║ CON: 3.75 ║ WIS: 8 ║ CHA: 6.25

Current quest - round 2, again!

Bucket listFacebookPinterest

Archived