Forums are back in action! ×

Lulu & the LOLz (my future band)

AKLulu

Who wants to be in a band?!? What would you play/do? What kind of band would we be? Would we have fancy costumes? A mascot? I'm so excited to hear your ideas!

My skills include.... well... mostly singing at this point. I'm really good at playing a simple beat with a saucepan and wooden spoon (if I do say so myself). I used to play flute and piano, but that's ages ago now. I also took guitar for a semester in college, but didn't retain much of that knowledge.

As far as what kind of band.... I'm open to suggestions, but I'm not particularly good at like.... screaming... or hardcore... I'm better at like... ballads... and pretty things. Lame, I know. I'll just have to adapt and stop worrying about how I sound.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Well, first, I'm gonna have to volunteer Laura to be the first member since she was the inspiration.

As for me. I learned to play the scales on the Alto Saxophone when I was ~10 and learned to play House of the Rising Sun on the guitar once.

Otherwise, put me down for the cowbell...

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Well, first, I'm gonna have to volunteer Laura to be the first member since she was the inspiration.

As for me. I learned to play the scales on the Alto Saxophone when I was ~10 and learned to play House of the Rising Sun on the guitar once.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3448[/ATTACH]

I can't play an instrument, but I can sing and be cute ;)

post-5676-13567243898085_thumb.jpg

I'm sure we can squeeze your scales in somewhere, but you need to pick up a tenor sax.... that's much manlier. And maybe we can just make you master of alternate percussion. I'm sure you could pick up the spoons pretty easily.... and maybe we could get a gong for you to play with your hammer.

Well, I play the drums, but since icedtrip already has cowbell...I don't know that anything else percussive is needed. I will settle for interpretive dancing, which is perhaps my second best skill.

If you know how to play like... legitimate drums, you can still do that, but I do think there will be a big need for dancers. I'll have to teach everyone the kelp dance. Our first effort can be to compose a processional song for the Kelp Queen.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3449[/ATTACH]

The Kelp Queen and her Kelp dancers

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

I am also a great interpretive dancer. I draw my inspiration from sizzling bacon, falling leaves, and hula hoops.

I can play the jug bass, the electric bass, a stand up bass, the guitar, keytar, keyboard, piano, banjo, and kazoo. I think my kazoo skills are the most valuable of all these.

Also, I sang a song once.

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

*pat pat* It's okay, we can have more than one singer and be-cute-er. You can be a back-up singer.... but we have to get you some dance moves.

Nothing fancy.... something like the ladies at the very beginning of this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h5QVx07g-U

I am also a great interpretive dancer. I draw my inspiration from sizzling bacon, falling leaves, and hula hoops.

I can play the jug bass, the electric bass, a stand up bass, the guitar, keytar, keyboard, piano, banjo, and kazoo. I think my kazoo skills are the most valuable of all these.

Also, I sang a song once.

Your dancing sounds like exactly what we're looking for! Your instrument experience is also very impressive. I'm only disappointed that you don't play the saw also. You can be lead kazooist though, I'm sure your skills are a force to be reckoned with.

I forgot that I also have a harmonica and a concertina.

But I do play legit drums. I've been playing shows for...seven years now? About that.

I am in another band right now though. So I may have to split my time.

Ooooh, sexy, harmonica. And legit drums.... and concertina. Quite the renaissance man. I'm sure we can make splitting time work. It may just be that we have to play some shows without you. You can at least a be a collaborator on the albums.

I'm so honored to be a part of this talented group of win.

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

I can also play a mean Guitar Hero guitar.....almost up to hard and being able to incorporate that 5th button!

WHAT?! You're basically pro! I can hardly pass on easy...

I own a banjo, a guitar, and a harmonica. And I don't play any of them very well, I also don't play the piano very well, I just don't own one.

You're in.

BONGOS!!

Are you suggesting these are the types of songs we play? :D

I play the harmonica too! can we duet?

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Naw....that'd be the air guitar! :)

I've always wanted an air band... I was gonna play the air drums in my air band. The key to air instruments is having no former knowledge of the instrument you're playing. Like me, I usually go the opposite direction of what you're supposed to on the air guitar strings to make it higher and lower pitched.

Archived