Forums are back in action! ×

Making a difference

Guest Gemeaux

Guest Gemeaux

Sorry if something like this has already been posted here before .

I would like all of us ( yes , all of us ) to do something good , make a difference . Maybe make this for June , even though good deeds should be an ongoing thing :smug:

It could be anything like volunteering , donating money , buying a homeless man dinner etc . I think we should all think of something we would like to do , as individuals .

I want to volunteer in a hospital again , like I used to do

I think that there are so many of us , we could really do something big .

If there is a cause you feel strong about , post it here and we can all band together and make a difference . And it feels good too !

I'm running in a 5k in my hometown in june to benefit a little girl with cancer. It will be my first and I'm really excited that it's going to such a great cause as well.

Great Idea! Nerds making a difference.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Every year I run a 5k run/walk in June that benefits a charity of a little girl that died. The charity sets up game/toy/book rooms in the pediatric care wards of hospitals, because when she (Shelby) was in the hospital for long stays, there were very few things for the children to play with who were there with her. It was Shelby's Wish that all hospitals have a room for pediatric patients with games, toys and books for the kids to use while they were staying there.

I wasn't planning on doing it this year, because they've moved the date up, I haven't run in over six months, it's going to be incredibly hot, etc. Now I'm thinking I just might get out there for a little light running this week to see what kind of running shape I'm in, and perhaps do the run/walk section of the race.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I love this! I am going to donate all of our good but unused clothes, bedding, kitchenware, toys and shoes to the City Mission. Have been meaning to for a while, but never got around to it.

I used to do Habitat for Humanity. It's something I'd like to get back into.

Would love to know more about this, my partner would like to do this.

Level 2 Adventurer ║ STR: 1 ║ DEX: 1 ║ STA: 2.25 ║ CON: 3.75 ║ WIS: 8 ║ CHA: 6.25

Current quest - round 2, again!

Bucket listFacebookPinterest

I'm currently volunteering for a hospital, but I used to be a Volunteer for UNICEF, I've always thought it was a fantastic organization! One raises funds, through various means, and uses that money to buy something to benefit third world people and children, from vaccines to tablets for clean water to even a new Water pump for their village. I've wanted to go back in there and contribute greatly, however I've no money and limited resources.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

i sort of took in a stray this morning.... he was sleeping is his car! he has been vouched for by both managers where we work AND has church affiliations and back-ups that I know personally. and HE WAS SLEEPING IN HIS CAR FOR 3 WEEKS cuz no one would give him a break and he couldnt stay at the mission cuz they have a very very strict locked door policy .. locked up 10p-6a and they toss everybody during the day to look for work or whatever. but he works swing shift 4 am til 3 pm or 10 pm til 7 am.....

so i took him in cuz i dont use more than one room in my house anyway.....

I think this counts as a service project kinda thing.... right?

*** please place your autograph on the line _____ ; so I can sell it on EBAY when you are famous ***

Well As long as he's been vouched for and your safe thats great Pixie! Me I am actually today going to go to my local No kill animal shelter right up the street and see if I can volunteer. I've been talking about this for 2-3 years now since they had their shelter burnt down and had to get a new one made. I figure whats more accountable then dogs that -need- to walk everyday! Plus It's just a great way to go! One thing I love about this thread if gives the rest of us Ideas on what we could do. Great idea!

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy

I used to do Habitat for Humanity. It's something I'd like to get back into.

Would love to know more about this, my partner would like to do this.

I want to know more too. I've thought about doing this for a while, but never had the time/chance to do it.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

This is a great idea! Nerds making the world a better place :) I've been trying to get into volunteering through a few contacts I know. I'm mostly interested in working with kids sports charities.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Gemeaux you sweet angle of light. I LOVE this and it makes me feel so wonderfully happy! We are wrapping up our girl scout troop where we volunteered for years and did so as well with my other troop for years as well. We had our final party and we had some money left over from that and so we are going to go to the store this week and purchase baby items and then grab gently used clothing for donation to the Family Service League to support those who need help supporting their family. I love the family service league because they will take with open arms any donation of time, money, items, anything you have is freely given to the people who need those things.

Ghandi said, BE the difference you wish to see in the world. From my personal perspective being of service in any way possible and spreading your love and unique skills to the world at this present time could NOT be any more important. Bright girl, shining light--thank you for posting this!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

Dig this thread.

I spent a few years raising/training puppies for Canine Companions for Independence, which trains assitance dogs for the disabled. Now I'm just a monthly donor to them; it's nice, but just isn't the same as providing hands-on personal effort towards the cause. Once I started working fulltime I didn't feel like I could do the full-time puppy raising thing again, but I think my current job might be more flexible on that front so I'm looking to see if it's feasible. That, or raise PTSD therapy dogs.

Archived